Ovation - mini Singapore season 2017 - suite perks

bertrande

We are booked in a GS in April next year on the Ovation. There is some confusion whether the Royal Suite Class is in operation - RCCL tells me different things so my TA is skeptical.

Does anyone have clarity on this? If there is no Royal Suite Class, am I correct to say there is no internet, no access to Coastal Kitchen and no access to any Suite Lounge? And that all we get will be full MDR dining menus for room services? I am asking this in part to decide whether we should book internet packages, specialty dining and beverage packages during the current Cruise Planner sale.

Thanks in advance!

We sailed in a GS on Ovation from Singapore this year and did have the suite perks including access to CK, free internet, access to the Concierge Lounge, etc. However, when I just looked at the RCI website for Ovation sailings next year, it said on both the cruise information page and the cabin selection page:

PLEASE NOTE: The Royal Suite Class Program is only applicable for sailings between 11/30/16 through 1/23/17

We sailed in a GS on Ovation from Singapore this year and did have the suite perks including access to CK, free internet, access to the Concierge Lounge, etc. However, when I just looked at the RCI website for Ovation sailings next year, it said on both the cruise information page and the cabin selection page:

PLEASE NOTE: The Royal Suite Class Program is only applicable for sailings between 11/30/16 through 1/23/17

Yes therein lies the confusion. The website detailing the RSC programme states it is applicable on Sydney and Singapore departures. However the disclaimer you reproduce has been there since before the mini season was announced. So different customer service officers have told me different things as to what will apply to our sailing. It's a pity the cruise planner sale is only for the next day or so - I will have to decide whether to get the internet package and the discounted specialty dining, both of which would be unnecessary if RCCL can definitively confirm if we will get the relevant Sky class perks! :(

For those who are interested to know, I just got off the phone with my TA and a rep from RCCL in a three-way conference. After two separate reps told my TA that our sailing was entitled to Royal Suite Class perks, we have now "confirmed" (as confirmed as a rep can be :roll eyes:) that the sailings out of Singapore in 2017 will have "Golden Suite amenities" and not the Royal Suite Class.

Basically these include the old suite benefits with the addition of Coastal Kitchen access. So to bring it back to the current Cruise Planner Sale, we have gone ahead to purchase internet for all of us.