Flounders Food Question

namest

I have a 2 1/2 year old that I will be placing in Flounders occasionally. Do they provide any food for this age group or do they need to eat before or after attending Flounders. It mentioned somewhere to bring baby food and formula and bottles. What about regular food?

I have a 2 1/2 year old that I will be placing in Flounders occasionally. Do they provide any food for this age group or do they need to eat before or after attending Flounders. It mentioned somewhere to bring baby food and formula and bottles. What about regular food?

Any food or formula they will need in the nursery needs to be provided by you when you hand them over.

They will happily feed them with what you provide.

ex techie

The nursery staff will happily feed a child whatever food the parent supplies. They will not feed anything that is not brought to the nursery with the child.

Dumb as it may sound, you can order a sandwich from room service and take that to the nursery with the child but you can't ask the nursery staff to obtain the same sandwich for the child. Well, I guess you can ask, but they won't do it. Bottom line, they don't want to be responsible for food allergies, etc. If they feed only what the parent brings with the child, they assume it to be "safe."

You can get yogurt, cereal, fruit etc. from the buffet and take that to the nursery for your child, or use packaged snacks or whatever that you bring from home.

Unless you are leaving the child in the nursery for many hours, it may be easier to feed them in advance.

The nursery staff will happily feed a child whatever food the parent supplies. They will not feed anything that is not brought to the nursery with the child.

Dumb as it may sound' date=' you can order a sandwich from room service and take that to the nursery with the child but you can't ask the nursery staff to obtain the same sandwich for the child. Well, I guess you can ask, but they won't do it. Bottom line, they don't want to be responsible for food allergies, etc. If they feed only what the parent brings with the child, they assume it to be "safe."

You can get yogurt, cereal, fruit etc. from the buffet and take that to the nursery for your child, or use packaged snacks or whatever that you bring from home.

Unless you are leaving the child in the nursery for many hours, it may be easier to feed them in advance.[/quote']

+1!

ex techie

They will give them crackers and water or juice. As already mentioned, if you want them to have any other food you will need to provide it for the child.

I keep hearing conflicting info re this. My TA said they provide food and you can bring in.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The ship will provide food to you for the child--you can get it in the buffet, pool deck, room service, etc. and take it to Flounders. Flounders does not provide any food there other than crackers. THey will feed the child anything you bring in and request them to feed or leave "in case he gets hungry."

There may be a difference in definition as to what "they provide food" means. DCL provides food, but Flounders does not.

I keep hearing conflicting info re this. My TA said they provide food and you can bring in.

The name of the nursery is now It's A Small World Nursery, no longer Flounders.

You have three choices here:

#1 - Believe what your TA says

#2 - Believe what we are telling you

#3 - Follow what it says on the website (same as we are telling you)

For the record, on the website under Know Before You Go it says:

If applicable, parents may bring the following when dropping off their child:

• Baby food, formula or milk and bottles
  • Diapers or pull-ups and diaper wipes
  • Extra clothing
  • A baby blanket
  • Pacifier

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/onboard-activities/its-a-small-world-childrens-nursery/

ex techie

The name of the nursery is now It's A Small World Nursery, no longer Flounders.

You have three choices here:

#1 - Believe what your TA says

#2 - Believe what we are telling you

#3 - Follow what it says on the website (same as we are telling you)

For the record, on the website under Know Before You Go it says:

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/onboard-activities/its-a-small-world-childrens-nursery/

ex techie

Thank you. The link isn't loading for me. Is it the same information you're providing above?