Snorkel and Starfish Island excursion

brovan1

We are sailing on the Carnival Breeze Dec.26 with a stop in Belize. It will be my husband, myself and our 2 boys ages 13 and 9. My youngest wants to snorkel so bad so I was thinking of booking the snorkel and starfish island excursion through the ship. I've been advised from people I know who have visited Belize to book an excursion at this port. Wondering if anyone has any experience with this particular excursion (or another one that can be recommended). We all love the beach and water activities. Also-can someone describe the snorkeling on this excursion...does it feel like you're in the middle of the ocean? While my kids are avid swimmers I don't want them to feel scared. Thanks

• 1 month later...

I have done it in the past. IMO it is not an easy snorkel, even for very experienced snorkelers. It can be really rough, and the water can be cloudy. If you are going to Roatan you should snorkel there instead.

Wow, can you tell us more? My wife and her sister are looking at that one for later this month.

Snorkeling is too crowded. People kicking each other. Island is 90% no swimming, 3 Starfish to man handle & an Elvis Impersonator as entertainment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice. I'm looking at the excursion that actually takes you to an island and if you choose you can snorkel around it or sit and lay on the beach. I was a little worried about the snorkeling for our kids and thought this would be easier for them and my oldest isn't even sure he wants to snorkel so this seemed like a better option since he could just stay on the beach

Thanks for the advice. I'm looking at the excursion that actually takes you to an island and if you choose you can snorkel around it or sit and lay on the beach. I was a little worried about the snorkeling for our kids and thought this would be easier for them and my oldest isn't even sure he wants to snorkel so this seemed like a better option since he could just stay on the beach

There's two excursions, one takes you snorkeling then to the island & the other just takes you straight to the island. Island is 90% no swimming. Signs posted all the way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk