Review on Jewel to Mexico

Dorothy

How about trying both! If you have a suite - you can also add having breakfast in your suite! We are gong to try everything. We are also a group that regularly will try to avoid peak times for meals, as you simply have to expect it is going to be crowded if you don't.

LOL, yeah captain obvious here.... :rolleyes:

We are in the Haven on the Panama Canal cruise leaving the 25th. If any of you are on that one - check out the roll call - we have a large meet & Great already planned.

Yes! We are planning to have breakfast in our suite on port days! We will definitely try the buffet, breakfast at Moderno's and in our room!

Hi - just back from the Jewel. Overall, I thought the ship was underwhelming, but nothing terrible by any means. The food was pretty good - Moderno and Cagneys were the best; Le Bistro was disappointing because I've liked it so much in the past; La Cucina was poor; and Chin Chin was essentially inedible. I actually thought the buffet presented really solid meals. The temperature at sea was really nice - mid 80s - it really only got windy on one occasion, but as we all know, there's nothing anyone can do about that. The entertainment was crap - cheap even by cruise standards - but the cruise staff were really pleasant. The ship itself is in need of a serious facelift - starting to really show its age and some of the refurbished areas were clearly done "on the cheap" - the Fizz Lounge is a perfect example.

Hi - just back from the Jewel. Overall, I thought the ship was underwhelming, but nothing terrible by any means. The food was pretty good - Moderno and Cagneys were the best; Le Bistro was disappointing because I've liked it so much in the past; La Cucina was poor; and Chin Chin was essentially inedible. I actually thought the buffet presented really solid meals. The temperature at sea was really nice - mid 80s - it really only got windy on one occasion, but as we all know, there's nothing anyone can do about that. The entertainment was crap - cheap even by cruise standards - but the cruise staff were really pleasant. The ship itself is in need of a serious facelift - starting to really show its age and some of the refurbished areas were clearly done "on the cheap" - the Fizz Lounge is a perfect example.

Thanks for your frank and honest feedback. Maybe new ship or line next time.