Onboard credit what can it be used for?

Familyfuntimes

I spoke with NCL earlier and they informed me that I can buy a onboard certificate and it will be at the same rate has the date I booked the cruise for. So I can buy 500 dollars for £342. At today's rate it would cost about £406.

My question is what can I use it for? I need to buy 2 internet packages which will set me back nearly £290 for the both of them. Can I use the certificates and buy the internet packages when we board?

Thanks.

I spoke with NCL earlier and they informed me that I can buy a onboard certificate and it will be at the same rate has the date I booked the cruise for. So I can buy 500 dollars for £342. At today's rate it would cost about £406.

My question is what can I use it for? I need to buy 2 internet packages which will set me back nearly £290 for the both of them. Can I use the certificates and buy the internet packages when we board?

Thanks.

Purchase of the internet packages would most definitely be able to make use of the onboard credits. You can also use it to purchase shore excursions from NCL.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

My TA just informed me that unless the onboard credit is one that someone bought for you as a gift, NCL will no longer allow you to use it for gratuities.

Anyone experience this on a RECENT cruise?

Your TA is correct. Any OBC provided by NCL as part of a promotion is not eligible to use for paying their DSC (what some people call gratuities).

Edited by MeHeartCruising