No Free At Sea?

KonkyWonky

We are not long off a fantastic first ever cruise on the Epic and are now planning holidays for next year. We like the idea of a Baltic cruise at the start of Sep 2017 but the surrounding dates appear to be exempt from the Free At Sea promotion. That's a deal breaker for us, we had the UBP and SDP on the Epic and would require the UBP as a minimum.

Is there any reason in particular the start of Sep is exempt? I'm guessing it may have something to do with it being Labour Day in the US/Canada?

TYIA :)

Edited by KonkyWonky
Typo

I'm seeing the FAS promotion for the Getaway for all Sept. sailings. Maybe you're using one of those TA sites where they list the promotion on the opening page and then never show it after you pick a cruise.

I'm looking on the NCL.co.uk site

The only exemption I'm seeing in the T&C's is for certain cabin categories.

"Offer not applicable to categories IX, OX, BX, or MX."

https://www.ncl.com/uk/en/terms-and-conditions/free-at-sea

Yeah that appears to be the case in the T&C's but when you click the "View all dates and pricing" tab it shows a green box for those cruises that qualify for the FAS promo. The early Sep sailings don't have that green box.

Yes I'm looking at the Getaway Baltic on the 12th June and there is no Free at Sea promotions on that sailing date either with NCL.However as other posters have said if you use a USA site such as American discount cruises the FAS promos are available. We have sailed on NCL ships using that site the last 3 years and they are really good. I'm sure there are other sites that others use with the same promo options.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've been looking at the NCL Spirit Med sailings on 6th Jan and 2nd Feb. Neither of these is showing the Free At Sea promotion on the UK site although the Canary Isles ones in these months have it.

You can certainly book through a US TA and may (but not always) get a better price but bear in mind that you need to pay the 18% gratuities on the UBP or SDP promotions. As far as can be ascertained, the UK promotions still include the gratuity. They've changed the wording of the T'c & C's on the UK site and messed this up to make it appear that UK/EU bookings now have to pay the 18% but this does not actually seem to be the case.

It's not easy to get accurate info in the UK...

If I do a mock booking on the NCL UK site then it does not even ask which promotions I want so I can't tell for sure whether or not the Free At Sea is available yet alone see if they are going to be charging the 18%.

Calling a UK TA doesn't help much. I find their websites often have incorrect information/prices and when calling to check I find that they can't actually offer what's advertised.

Thanks for that, it looks like there must be an issue with the NCL.co.uk website as the FAS offer is available via other UK travel agent sites.

When I called a very well known UK TA about the 2nd Feb Spirit sailing they said the Free At Sea was indeed available but then quoted a price quite a bit higher than the NCL site was showing for that particular cabin grade!