$5 Chat using the HUB app

btygte

I know it's $5 for the entire day. I'm going with a group of about 30 people. I would like to know how easy it is to find them using the chat part after I pay the $5. Anyone used it that knows please message here.

Thanks

The cost is $5 per cruise per device. To add people was very easy. I used it back in January so I can't remember if it was the room number or folio number used to find them.

When added they go into your list of contacts and then you can create chat groups with your contacts.

Yes, previous poster is correct. It's $5 for the whole cruise.

On the Valor, ours worked half of the time. We kept checking to make sure our phones were in airplane mode and on wifi, and they were. I don't know how new this app is, but if they get the kinks out, it'll be great! We'd all (four of us) be sitting at the table, chatting with each other and it wouldn't go through.

You can also check your phone to see what's going on while on the ship.

We used it with our friends who were traveling with us on the Breeze in September. It worked pretty good but you could tell that it was still new.

Finding you friends will be easy. They can look at their profile on the HUB app and let you know what their number is. It's different from your folio number, I believe. You put that number in where you request friends and it sends the request to them to accept. Easy peasy!

I was glad to have it for our cruise. It was better than trying to leave sticky notes on the door to let the others know where we were or wanted to meet up, etc. ;)

We used it on Breeze last month, and it worked great... most of the time. When you send a message it tells you when the message has been seen, which is helpful.

And if you are cruising with family or a group and your reservations are linked, everyone in your group shows up in your contacts automatically.

Edited by James in SA

We used it on Breeze last month, and it worked great... most of the time. When you send a message it tells you when the message has been seen, which is helpful.

And if you are cruising with family or a group and your reservations are linked, everyone in your group shows up in your contacts automatically.

Awesome all 30 of are linked.. So we will all be in it right away! Perfect...

Do not rely on the Hub app's chat feature to deliver a message; it may or not be received by the recipient. We also would receive the same message multiple times and other messages not at all. Some times you have to kill the app and restart it to get it working again.

We would occasionally sit across the table from each other and send test chat messages to each other. Results varied from immediate delivery to no delivery to later in the day.

We returned from Vista Transatlantic on Thursday. (Amazing cruise!) My husband and our friends all paid for the $5 chat feature. (My phone was off and locked in the safe. I chose the old fashioned method of paper and pen and cabin phones to keep in touch.) One would think that the newest ship of the fleet would have everything working well. Not so with the chat. Multiple times a day some would have to restart phones, disable and re-enable the chat, etc. Chats were lost and messages were not received.

Paper and pen worked every time! :D

Just got off the Valor and I used the Hub chat app. Worked great! My brother had an older 4s phone and he couldn't use his phone. But it worked well with the other members of our group. Good investment- $5 for the entire cruise. I loved the way it showed you how to get to a different part of the ship very easily.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We had a group of 12 this past week on the Miracle, and the chat service for the Hub app was spotty. I seemed to not get the messages real time (though I was logged in) and then maybe 4 times a day I would get all of the messages from the last few hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But when you do get the message, does it have a notification sound, or you have to check manually? However it works, it is really very useful for onboard contact with cruisemates

I used it on Triumph recently with my girls and it worked flawlessly but all 3 of us have new phones with the latest operating system. The only people onboard that mentioned problems that I talked to were using old phones. I think your operating system makes a difference in how it performs.

I used it on Triumph recently with my girls and it worked flawlessly but all 3 of us have new phones with the latest operating system. The only people onboard that mentioned problems that I talked to were using old phones. I think your operating system makes a difference in how it performs.

From a development stand point you typically only do thorough testing on the latest. Less on older. So this checks out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the information, we are planning on using it on our upcoming cruise on the Breeze. We have two teenage daughters and several other family members cruising with us so it will be helpful keeping up with everyone.