Carnival Sunshine Norfolk,VA 11/5/2016

cruise47

After leaving Grand Turk, heading back, we had a sick passenger that needed immediate medical attention. We detoured over to Nassau to drop the passenger off. That put us behind and didn't arrive in Norfolk until noon.

We are on the Charleston cruise leaving today. We are not losing a day. Embarkation is starting later than scheduled, but we should still be leaving close to our original departure time.

Thanks for the update ,what time exactly are you expected to board ?

We are on the Charleston cruise leaving today. We are not losing a day. Embarkation is starting later than scheduled, but we should still be leaving close to our original departure time.

Just received message from daughter, boarding to start at 6:30 tonight :eek:

Just received message from daughter, boarding to start at 6:30 tonight :eek:

The SUNSHINE arrived in Charleston on Sunday, November 6 at approximately 1800. It looks like it will be a quick turnover.

The SUNSHINE arrived in Charleston on Sunday, November 6 at approximately 1800. It looks like it will be a quick turnover.

No it was a rough night. Daughter stood in line outside around two and a half hours waiting for ship ,did not board till around 7:45 and muster was around 11:00 :eek: . With kids in tow she was not a happy camper.

I was on the Sunshine when we arrived in Norfolk.

As others have said, due to a passenger having a medical emergency needing to be dropped off in Nassau, we arrived in Norfolk late, around 12:30.

But once we arrived, some passengers who were in a rush to get off (who checked luggage) tried to go before their tags were called. Apparently, this pissed off the customs agents, who sent them all back onboard. Which created a huge delay.

I was self assist on Deck 12, and we were told we would be called off at approximately 2:00 PM. I know that's always just an estimate, but we didn't called off until almost 4:00.

This happened, even though our cruise director, Emma, made nearly constant announcements practically begging people not to try and come down to the gangway before their deck or tag number was called.

I think Carnival is loosing control with their debarkation process . Clearly the people in charge are NOT doing their jobs correctly .

I don't know. Every other Carnival cruise I've been on had an orderly debarkation process. The Norfolk situation was unusual. Because we arrived in port late, and some people were hopping to get off, I think it increased the number of people who didn't behave. Maybe the crew wasn't prepared for it, but it was an unusual situation.

I don't know. Every other Carnival cruise I've been on had an orderly debarkation process. The Norfolk situation was unusual. Because we arrived in port late, and some people were hopping to get off, I think it increased the number of people who didn't behave. Maybe the crew wasn't prepared for it, but it was an unusual situation.

Wish we had had your luck ;) , been on six ships this year and all but one was a cluster buck.