Sagrada Familia in December

Sandi07054

Yes, you better do pre-book.

Barcelona is not a summer resort, it'a regular city with nearly 2 million inhabitants (5 with the metro area). The city has one of the highest ratios of available 'beds' around, yet at certain times during the year occupation is above 90%. Barcelona receives over 10 million visitors every year, throughout the year, so no high or low seasons either. Hotel availability is governed by events, not seasons: international congresses, sports events, festivals, concerts, special dates, etc. That's why availability (and prices!) vary so much from one week to the next regardless of the time of the year. Jun to Sep have traditionally been the months with a higher occupation due to the fact is when most visitors take their annual holidays. Nevertheless, here in Europe, short escapades have become a very common practice so these days with the low-cost flights so affordable, many don't take a long annual leave anymore but many short escapades throughout the year instead.

Not really sure if they let you come in late. On the tour we booked, a couple was a few minutes late and the tour guide gave their tickets to another couple. Then before we left the original couple showed up and the 2nd couple graciously gave them their original tickets. I wouldn't chance it. I can tell you - we got into Barcelona at 10:30, checked our luggage at our hotel and made it to La Segrada Familia for our 12:00 tour.

Sent from my iPad using Forums