Splendor vs Glory

Twinmom1

Glory has Guys Burgers. Splendor has Thalasso and 'fancy' tepidariums, etc. like the Dream Class. Splendor was last dry docked March 2016. Glory to go to dry dock Feb 2017.

Splendor has a great combo group called FUNtology. Excellent tunes!! Chloe Lodo was CD last month. Really enjoyed her. I liked Splendor (lots of Pink and all). Thought the crew was great and Ship was well maintained.

Was on the Glory this past March and can't recall who the CD was. Was my 2nd time on her. No complaints. LOVE Guys!!! Really had hoped Splendor would have had Guys added when in dry dock so we could partake!

I would sail either one again in a heartbeat!!

Glory has Guys Burgers. Splendor has Thalasso and 'fancy' tepidariums, etc. like the Dream Class. Splendor was last dry docked March 2016. Glory to go to dry dock Feb 2017.

Splendor has a great combo group called FUNtology. Excellent tunes!! Chloe Lodo was CD last month. Really enjoyed her. I liked Splendor (lots of Pink and all). Thought the crew was great and Ship was well maintained.

Was on the Glory this past March and can't recall who the CD was. Was my 2nd time on her. No complaints. LOVE Guys!!! Really had hoped Splendor would have had Guys added when in dry dock so we could partake!

I would sail either one again in a heartbeat!!

What is a tepidarium?

The tepidarium, aroma steam bath, oriental steam bath, laconium are the varying temperature steam/relaxation areas in the Spa only on Dream Class, Splendor, and Vista. Also includes the Thalasso Pool, (fancy hot tub). These areas are included for passengers in Spa cabins or they sell a set number of cruise long and day packages.

I have not sprung for the extra cost items so no experience. They do still have normal Saunas available at no extra charge.

We just got off the Splendor a few weeks ago and had a terrific cruise. We are lucky to be Diamond members and we were treated wonderfully by all the officers and crew. This was our 2nd time on the Splendor and we like her layout because it's a little different. The ship was originally built of Costa to cruise in the Baltic's. We are going on the Glory on 1-28-17 and have been on her a few times before and always loved her. Both great ships in our opinion!!

John & Priscilla :)

Just off the glory last week and it's in need of dry dock. Showing lots of wear and tear. Never been on splendor so can't help there.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

It's going for dry dock February, back into service Mid March.

We preferred Glory to Splendor, found the service better on Glory, both in the MDR and stewards. Splendor wasn't bad, just not as good.

I can't find an edit button. One thing about Splendor. Embarkation day, DH was at the lobby bar, I was in the room doing something. He had a drink. I came down a bit later, was obviously with him, and ordered one. The bartender, Katherine, called my by name before seeing my SS card, not sure how she knew. Didn't see her for 2 days, then did at another bar. She still remembered both our names. I have no idea how she did it.