Coming back to Carnival (from NCL)

MsMercury

Hello,

We just booked the Glory for February with our 3 year old. We have done MSC and most recently NCL (and another NCL coming next month). Any tips or anything I should know vs. NCL? Also... for a mom putting LO into Camp Carnival for the first time?

Well, room service is free but they do offer some items for a surcharge. The Cheers package has a 15 day drink limit but includes drinks up to $50, specialty coffees and milkshakes. Entertainment isn't as robust but we found it to be acceptable for what we paid for the cruise. Of course they have assigned seating but they offer anytime dining. They have American Table now with no table clothes in the MDR except on elegant night and new menus. We have found CCL to be very close to NCL in all of the areas that matter to us but they are way ahead in the area that matters most- price:). We'll be on the Glory a year from now and are looking forward to it.

Cabins are bigger vs NCL cabins

your 3 year old is good to go with the camp- they start at age 2. (go early on the first night for orientation to get the cell phone.) they only have a few. others will get a pager in case of problems.

You will not be allowed to go into the camp with your child. you drop them at the door. and pick them up at the door.

Our daughters first cruise was when she was 3 years old on the Glory. She absolutely loved it! Since she had never been in daycare or anything, I was nervous about Camp Carnival. But she loved that too. They have a special section in the buffet at dinner where all the kids can eat together while the parents go to the dining room. She wanted to do this almost every night! Pre-register your child online and go to the open house the first night. You'll get a schedule for camp activities for the week. She made a t-shirt (for free), won a dance contest, did all sorts of art crafts and one night we picked her up and she was dressed up like a pirate. They also gave us a cell phone to call us in case she wanted us to pick her up. They only called us once the whole cruise because she wanted us to pick her up and go to the room and order room service. Let me know if you have any specific camp questions. I'll do my best to answer them, our experience was in spring 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks all! My daughter goes to preschool, but dropoff isn't always easy.

Can you tell me more about this American table? Does this mean the MDR is casual now if there are no more tablecloths? Is it better to do assigned seating or anytime dining?

Thanks all! My daughter goes to preschool, but dropoff isn't always easy.

Can you tell me more about this American table? Does this mean the MDR is casual now if there are no more tablecloths? Is it better to do assigned seating or anytime dining?

CCL does have a dress code that is outlined in the FAQ https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1093. Nothing super dressy, even on elegant night unless you want to dress up. They have two assigned dining times, early 6pm and late 8pm, so if you would rather eat at a different time you should of course choose any time dining. Oh, and we did find CCL's crew to be somewhat friendlier than NCL's.

We enjoyed both. And our last cruise was on NL. Although nothing I can put my finger on, CCL feels a little more relaxing to us. I don't mean as in relaxed dress code or atmosphere. I mean a more relaxing layed back cruise experience overall, if that makes sense. We would still cruise both in a heartbeat (and are). Biggest downfall on NCL (Getaway) was the balconies are TINY! Could barely fit 3 of us out there comfortably. Rooms were smaller, but that didn't bother us. Enjoy your cruise, you can't go wrong with either!