My wandering tickets.

Jimsgirl

Celebrity sent my tickets to agency Oct 13. The agency decided "no rush" and the tickets were "put aside". Then along came Wilma -agency office was damaged, so all paper work sent to Orlando office .

There they decided they did not have the staff to deal with the extra work, so it all waited until staff from Fort Lauderdale could be sent "temporarily".

Then on Wednesday Nov 2 they sent my docs by Fedex, 2 day delivery.

I waited and waited on Friday, no package, Then in the afternoon got a phone call from a stranger at a totally different address in town, Although the package was correctly addresed to me , Fedex had simply placed it outside this strangers front door, no knock or ring of bell.

How lucky I am that this kind person took the time to look me up in the phone book and inform me of the situation. So many of our residences are owned by "snowbirds" not yet here, the package could have been languishing there for weeks.

Iwent and picked up the package, it was clearly addressed to me, marked "extremely urgent " etc. Fedex has no explanation why their delivery man left it lying outside the door of an incorrect address.

I hope this is not an indication of a jinxed cruise!!!!!!

See you all on board Infinity Nov. 20

Celebrity sent my tickets to agency Oct 13. The agency decided "no rush" and the tickets were "put aside". Then along came Wilma -agency office was damaged, so all paper work sent to Orlando office .

There they decided they did not have the staff to deal with the extra work, so it all waited until staff from Fort Lauderdale could be sent "temporarily".

Then on Wednesday Nov 2 they sent my docs by Fedex, 2 day delivery.

I waited and waited on Friday, no package, Then in the afternoon got a phone call from a stranger at a totally different address in town, Although the package was correctly addresed to me , Fedex had simply placed it outside this strangers front door, no knock or ring of bell.

How lucky I am that this kind person took the time to look me up in the phone book and inform me of the situation. So many of our residences are owned by "snowbirds" not yet here, the package could have been languishing there for weeks.

Iwent and picked up the package, it was clearly addressed to me, marked "extremely urgent " etc. Fedex has no explanation why their delivery man left it lying outside the door of an incorrect address.

I hope this is not an indication of a jinxed cruise!!!!!!

See you all on board Infinity Nov. 20

Hi Jimsgirl !

I am glad that the other person made the effort to locate you. I surely would have done the same thing. I dont know what to say about your TA. Sure, they could have done better, but Wilma created huge problems for all of us in Florida (as you know). Clearly FedEx did a terrible job. They are the ones I would be annoyed at the most.

Is it the sign of a Jixed Cruise ? No Way :)

Go.... and Enjoy your Cruise !

Dont feel bad, jimsgirl.... we are on the 11/20 Infinity cruise with you and we STILL don't have our documents!

Over a week ago I started getting antsy about not seeing our docs, as it seemed that everyone on our roll call had received their docs over 2 weeks before.

I emailed my TA in Southern Florida, and I received no response. This is very unusual, as she is usually a quick responder. I then tried to call her, and the phone calls would not go through... I kept getting strange error messages whether I called their 800 number or local number!

So, it suddenly dawned on me that maybe Wilma had taken them down. So, I called Celebrity Captains Club to see what they thought. This was Tuesday night I believe. They were very helpful, tried calling the TA, and could not get through either. They too said that the documents we delivered to the TA mid October. They then said that they were in the process of printing a second set of documents and were going to overnight them in the morning.

On Friday, I finally heard from my TA. I was correct, and they had sustained serious damage to their offices. I guess a couple of days after Wilma there was also heavy rains that then flooded their office. What a mess. She said that they had actually set up some sort of temporary management office and our documents had been sent out on 10/31.

The bad part is, there are supposedly two sets of documents that were sent out, at least one via overnight and we do not have any yet!

I am sure that they will arrive this week... it is just a little concerning!

It sounds as though we used the same agency, (Fort Lauderdale office). As a survivor of both Charlie last year which hit us head on Cat 4, and Wilma bands (80 mph winds and heavy rain) I do know how difficult it is after the storm. My ire with the agency I used was that they made no efort to get the tickets out BEFORE Wilma, SW Florida had 7 days warning in which to prepare this time They could have sent out all the tickets in their possesion ahead of Wilma even getting close.

With Charlie my town was supposed to be safe, it would pass 50 miles out to see, well Charlie is not my darling (apology to any Scot reading this). out in the Gulf it got level with Port Charlotte/Punta Gorda, did a smart right turn and barrelled straight at us.

Hope to meet up with you on board, I almost always have a drink in the Champange Bar around 5.15pm. If you are passing look for me, as I travel solo I should be easy to spot.

Archived