Escape - 1st time Cruiser questions

luvmycorgis

I should probably write down all my questions and post them at one time, but they come to me at odd, random times, so here are a couple more. Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer them:

1) How/when do we meet our room steward? Does he/she just pop in every now and again, or only when we're out? Do we leave notes for them if we want something specific?

2) We're docked in Tortola from 7am until 3pm. I've booked the excursion "Ultimate Adventure Jost Van Dyke" that begins at 11am and apparently doesn't finish until 2:30pm. Now I'm worried that we won't make it back to the ship in time. I did book it through NCL, so I think that means they'll wait. Right?? Has anyone else done this excursion at this time?

3) I read somewhere that the electricity in the cabin only works if your card thingy is in some kind of slot in the wall, does this mean I can't charge my Kindle while we're out and about for the day and have our cards with us?

I should probably write down all my questions and post them at one time, but they come to me at odd, random times, so here are a couple more. Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer them:

1) How/when do we meet our room steward? Does he/she just pop in every now and again, or only when we're out? Do we leave notes for them if we want something specific?

2) We're docked in Tortola from 7am until 3pm. I've booked the excursion "Ultimate Adventure Jost Van Dyke" that begins at 11am and apparently doesn't finish until 2:30pm. Now I'm worried that we won't make it back to the ship in time. I did book it through NCL, so I think that means they'll wait. Right?? Has anyone else done this excursion at this time?

3) I read somewhere that the electricity in the cabin only works if your card thingy is in some kind of slot in the wall, does this mean I can't charge my Kindle while we're out and about for the day and have our cards with us?

1. The good ones will introduce themselves. Yes, leave notes if you have specific requests

2. With a Ship's excursion, they will ALWAYS wait for your return.

3. Any plastic card will keep the "juice' on in the cabin while you are gone. Remember that also keeps a light outside your cabin on, that will keep the cabin steward from entering...thinking you are in there.

Edited by computerworks

1. The good ones will introduce themselves. Yes, leave notes if you have specific requests

2. With a Ship's excursion, they will ALWAYS wait for your return.

3. Any plastic card will keep the "juice' on in the cabin while you are gone. Remember that also keeps a light outside your cabin on, that will keep the cabin steward from entering...thinking you are in there.

Correct except for number 3. There is a switch near the door that indicates whether you are in, do not disturb or makeup room. You simply select which one applies. Dont think the card in the slot has anything to do with it.

Correct except for number 3. There is a switch near the door that indicates whether you are in, do not disturb or makeup room. You simply select which one applies. Dont think the card in the slot has anything to do with it.

I thought there were 3 lights, one for make up room/do not disturb and then a third one for if somebody was in the room (aka card in bit by the door). :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums