Rooftop terrace availability

Nanny8

Just wondering if anyone can comment on how easy/difficult it is to get a spot on the new rooftop terrace on the summit. Do we need to get there at 7am to grab a spot or do people come and go throughout the day? Also does the staff monitor who is "saving" the spot as they do on other cruise lines. For example on Carnival they will remove a towel if the spot has been saved for more than 2 hours that way it gives others an opportunity to use the space.

Thanks in advance, Elaine

I was on Summit in April and Infinity in October and visited the rooftop terrace on several occasions on both ships.

There are a few covered sunbeds along the back wall and they were always occupied during the day. I would guess you would have to grab one early. As for the rest of the seating, its more conducive to watching something on the big screen (sporting event or movie) or just relaxing over a cocktail. Other than the covered sunbeds I mentioned, the furniture consists of sofas and tables and its all directly in the sun. Also note that although there is bar service up there, the servers have to go down to the sunset bar to get the drinks so it's a bit slow. I'd suggest bringing your drink with you.

On occasion, they also had live entertainment up there. We really enjoy this space.

Enjoy your cruise,

Linda