Reduced Deposit Question

pirate4me2

Hello CC family!

I was wondering if anyone knows if when Carnival does a $49 deposit sale, does that reduced deposit also apply to longer/special sailings like Journeys cruises? I have my eye on the Dec. 2, 2018 cruise on the Miracle that is a 14 day partial Panama Canal transit, and I would love to book it when the deposit is less than $400 per person. :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

It depends on the sale. Sometimes there are more exclusions than others....just keep in mind that if the price drops in the future, you will have to pay the rest of the deposit in order to take advantage of any early saver price drops

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It depends on the sale. Sometimes there are more exclusions than others....just keep in mind that if the price drops in the future, you will have to pay the rest of the deposit in order to take advantage of any early saver price drops

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the info. I didn't think about the deposit amount and price drops.

Had this last year. Booked in January during the 49pp deposit deal. Then the room dropped by 300(from about 1340 to 1027 or something for 2 people in inside obstructed oceanview 6 forward on Magic). In order to get the new price I had to pay the added deposit to bring it up to the current deposit price. Kept my room which I loved and got the new discounted price. Was totally worth it too because rooms sold out pretty quick during the 49$ sale. It was of course a week long booking. Oh and I have seen the same special a couple times since.

Hello CC family!

I was wondering if anyone knows if when Carnival does a $49 deposit sale, does that reduced deposit also apply to longer/special sailings like Journeys cruises? I have my eye on the Dec. 2, 2018 cruise on the Miracle that is a 14 day partial Panama Canal transit, and I would love to book it when the deposit is less than $400 per person. :)

Others have answered your question, but just a heads up -- this cruise is filling fast. We thought about it but the cabins we wanted were not available two weeks ago. :(

Hello CC family!

Just keep checking.

Thanks for the info everyone. I went ahead and ordered $800 in gift cards from my credit card rewards company (save 10% that way!) to pay the regular deposit. Once I get them I'll pay the deposit in full so I can take advantage of any price drops and guarantee the room I want. I hope this cruise is as awesome as I'm thinking it will be!

Hi pirate4me2. DH and I booked this cruise when the deposit was half off. We are excited to be going, it's still a long way off. We are from NC as well, near Charlotte.

Maybe we will see you on board. Happy sailing!

Hey, small world! We are from Hendersonville. This cruise looks fantastic, I'm booking it as soon as those cards get here!!

Thanks for the info everyone. I went ahead and ordered $800 in gift cards from my credit card rewards company (save 10% that way!) to pay the regular deposit. Once I get them I'll pay the deposit in full so I can take advantage of any price drops and guarantee the room I want. I hope this cruise is as awesome as I'm thinking it will be!

We are booked on the same cruise and I paid the deposit with gift cards to. We paid the full $800 and shortly after there was a deposit sale. Nice part is if by chance there is a reduced fare I can apply for the drop and not have to worry about it and when final payment rolls around it is all the better.

You might want to check the online travel site that deals in Cruises Only ;)

They seem to be having a no deposit special for Carnival....PLUS you get bonus stuff (hotel cash, cash back or obc)....

We use this company when booking....never had a problem...and still totally eligible for price drops...

(you could book now for free....put those cards away and use them if/when there is a price drop in the future)

We are booked on the same cruise and I paid the deposit with gift cards to. We paid the full $800 and shortly after there was a deposit sale. Nice part is if by chance there is a reduced fare I can apply for the drop and not have to worry about it and when final payment rolls around it is all the better.

See you onboard!

You might want to check the online travel site that deals in Cruises Only ;)

They seem to be having a no deposit special for Carnival....PLUS you get bonus stuff (hotel cash, cash back or obc)....

We use this company when booking....never had a problem...and still totally eligible for price drops...

(you could book now for free....put those cards away and use them if/when there is a price drop in the future)

Thanks, I will check them out!