How obstructed is an obstructed view supposed to be?

Alohaaloha

1552 has the window washing equipment next to it. It is actually right in front of the cabin next door. We know this but the balcony is so large it is worth it. Will be there in a couple of weeks. Only an issue if you look to the right and even then, if you make it an issue :)

I WAS in the cabin next door (1551) with the window washing equipment in front of it ( see photos above) and it was not a large balcony by any means- probably the smallest we'd ever had.

No one is making an issue about it, I had no need to 'look to the right' to see the aperture it was right there in front of me - the point of the thread, as it clearly states in the first post, is not a complaint but the definition of obstruction.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I WAS in the cabin next door (1551) with the window washing equipment in front of it ( see photos above) and it was not a large balcony by any means- probably the smallest we'd ever had.

No one is making an issue about it, I had no need to 'look to the right' to see the aperture it was right there in front of me - the point of the thread, as it clearly states in the first post, is not a complaint but the definition of obstruction.

The OP chose to make the title of the thread a question, which was taken as an invitation to others (myself included) to give their opinions on the topic. I'm glad the OP didn't let it sour their vacation.

That said, Celebrity's claim that an obstructed view is only one that overlooks the life boats is utter BS in my opinion. Maybe they're taking that position because the window equipment might not always be stored in front of the same stateroom so they don't know which stateroom should be tagged as "partial obstruction". If that is the case then maybe Celebrity should consider designating a specific stateroom as the "window cleaning equipment storage stateroom" so they can compensate it.

I'm booked in a C1 stateroom on deck 11 for an upcoming cruise and if I were to walk in and see something similar after paying a premium for the aft view, I can assure you that while I wouldn't make a public scene over it, I certainly would expect that either something be done to alleviate the obstruction or that I be compensated for it.

Luckily some great CC members have posted pictures so I know I have a clear view. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well...it is an obstruction. Further, since she was not told in advance that it was an obstructed view, then she should complain. It is a legitimate complaint. And cabins with this apparatus outside their balconies should be advertised as having an obstructed view.

I'll add this thread for the OP and any others who want the lowdown on various cabins. It's an old thread that was closed by the mods for some reason. Contains more information and pictures than I've seen anywhere else. Only issue is it can be a pain to find what you want.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1751328&page=27

I'll add this thread for the OP and any others who want the lowdown on various cabins. It's an old thread that was closed by the mods for some reason. Contains more information and pictures than I've seen anywhere else. Only issue is it can be a pain to find what you want.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1751328&page=27

Thanks very much - as some one new to Celebrity, this will be very helpful.

• 2 weeks later...