Jolly Roger price

sherri.l

We did the Jolly Roger tour last week. I did not see any evidence that the tour can be booked outside the cruise line. Often the vendors have agreements with the cruise line and the Jolly Roger may be one of them.

It was only a one-hour-tour, but we enjoyed it enough to justify the $25 price. Our guide was awesome! I've been to Grand Cayman six times, but actually saw and learned things one the tour.

Can you email them from the website and ask? I did that with a beach excursion in Cozumel and was told that it had to be booked through the cruise line.

I did see it listed on the carnival excursions list but it says its 3.5 hrs long and lists it somewhere are 50.00. I have checked into some other excursions ( and you really have to dig sometimes) and most can be booked seperatly also, just takes a little more work but worth the at least 30% that can be saved. any more info would be greatly appreciated.

Which port are you looking to do this tour? They have a Jolly Roger in several different places - you could then check out the ports of call boards. We have done it in Barbados - through Carnival - it was around $35 at that time for a 3-4 hour trip. It was a great trip!

I just emailed them recently in regards to Grand Cayman and our cruise tendering on December 13th. Here was their reply:

On December 13, 2005 I have 3 cruises scheduled. 10:00 AM, 11:00AM and 2:00 PM. It is a 2 hour cruise. The prices are $40 per adult, $25 per child (3-12yr) and under 3 yrs is free. We require a credit card in order to hold the booking.

Thank you

Johann Bruwer

The Jolly Roger

P.O. Box 31453 SMB

Grand Cayman

Cayman Islands

B.W.I.

tel 345-945-7245

fax 345-949-7969

email Jolroger@candw.ky

website http://www.jollyrogercayman.com

No shows are automatically charged $15.00 direct to the credit card and if the ship doesn't port there as scheduled they do not charge your credit card at all. I asked regarding being charged in advance and this was their reply:

Not to worry. We only charge once you stand in front of us ready to go on the tour. If you don't cancell in advance and dont show up while the ship is in port and the tour runs we will charge $15 per person on your card because we could have filled that spot otherwise. But if there is no ship there is no tour. And in that case its not your fault.

Johann

If the Carnival price is $50 for three and a half hours that sounds like a great deal.

Archived