Freedom of the Seas - Live Review 11/26/2016-12/4/2016

Thanks for sharing! We're sailing first time on RCCL/Freedom Dec 18; yours and Robin's live reports are really getting me excited!

Well, maybe except for that photo of your entree tonight. I've been reading a lot about longtime RCCL cruisers being disappointed in recent menu changes. We have very open minds and are willing to try a lot of things, so I'm trying not to be too influenced by those types of posts. But that photo is really not inspiring. The menu description is enticing, but the photo does not seem to live up to the words. The crab cake looks more promising.

How did you enjoy the meal?

Canadian Disney Mom,

How is the Vroom Internet? I was recently on the Allure and we had no issues with connection. I have been reading there are issue with the internet on Freedom,just was wondering what your thoughts are as we are on the Freedom in March. We would only use it for checking email and texting.

Thanks, enjoying reading about your trip

Canadian Disney Mom,

How is the Vroom Internet? I was recently on the Allure and we had no issues with connection. I have been reading there are issue with the internet on Freedom,just was wondering what your thoughts are as we are on the Freedom in March. We would only use it for checking email and texting.

Thanks, enjoying reading about your trip

We were on Freedom the end of October and our Voom was slow because we only had gotten the surf package (as opposed to the surf & stream package)...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MDR lunch Day 4

c8b876802a8634da9bb2f7f5f0a7ac14.jpg

Supposed to be Penne with Carbonara. Looks like bolognese to me!

e9e2eb0a0c126a7e5bab99d19ce2db6b.jpg

Steak sandwich. Paul says it was delicious!

82a6b593fdea629caf5d27758cf77cdc.jpg

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

Another beautiful day today. We got off in San Juan at around 2:00 just as the ship was given the all clear. We decided to walk to Castillo San Felipe del Morro and took a stroll through the Fort. What a beautiful spot! The entrance fee was $5 per adult, children were free. I think it took us about 20min to walk there and back. 7feffb733b7b8c3694d8437c26031257.jpg768c7652e473e7e9cb79e87a1bb2d81d.jpg9f375eb977839a6ba6dfce1b573582ad.jpgf9ceed125c6ae46599deb40f1888ed4c.jpgbffac7380dd25d4887189b9b7b5ba55a.jpg

a71644c16eaf5f11d2fe1c5d36faa239.jpg

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

Currently relaxing in the Solarium before going back to the room to get ready for dinner. We found out last night that when I cancelled the first two evenings in the MDR, they cancelled the whole weeks reservations in error. The person running the check in desk said she would fix it and put us back at reservations for 5:45 each night. We shall see tonight!

I'm enjoying following along, Mom. Wifey and I were on the 11/12 FOS sailing. A crew member told us that the members of the ice show had been training their replacements and that our cruise was the last for the current troop. It seems you'll be seeing all new skaters. Enjoy! The show was really good.

St. Martin is today. We have been here several times over the last few years and normally walk to town or take the water taxi and stroll through the shops. This time, we decided to stay onboard and enjoy the relative calm of the solarium. Currently enjoying the sunshine and a frozen mojito :)

7e895350c5be2af13de62224ddb644a9.jpg

Thank you for doing this review! I'll be on this itinerary in February. How has the food been?

I would say mediocre at best. We have had most of the menu items before and I would say this has been the worst of the lot. Edible but not much beyond that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums