CC Meet n Greet, Is It Important For you to have the Princess Captain Attend?

need2cruisesoon

Probably in the minority but I usually don't attend any more - been to a few and that is enough. The only time I do go is if I particularly want to meet someone from the roll call and haven't been able to arrange to do so. I'm not a grouch, just feel I don't want to spend my cruise time in this way any more.:)

I have to agree with you. Considering that all Princess will do is reserve space for the event, and have the bar open, it is more like meeting interesting folk who have posted in the group. Holland America will setup coffee, tea, and cookies for their meet and greets while Royal Caribbean used to offer door prizes to the attendees. Tom

Im part of a Cruise Critic group called the RETREATERS.

ON our October Regal Princess cruise we had 215 attend our M&G. For the 2nd year Princess assigned a Video crew to film our activities during the 10 day cruise.

Princess really helps with any thing needed. We had about 8 Department Heads attend. The RETREATERS Halloween Dance is currently on YouTube. The full video made by Princess which includes.

The M&G

Slot Pull

Cabin Crawl

Crown Grill Dinner

St Maarten Beach Day

Halloween Dinner & Dance

Should be posted by Cruise Critic once its on YouTube this week... it was included as part of the ships Reflections video and was shown in the Princess Live

Theater.

Edited by blkspy

I'm glad you enjoy the CC activities blkspy but see for me, I couldn't think of anything worse. I know lots of people like to do the social stuff but on a cruise I don't want to be part of large group meetings etc. I attend the ship's lectures and other activities (if they sound of interest) but otherwise am very happy with my own company doing my own thing. I meet enough people at meal times in the MDR. If you travel as a group it would be different, but again, we have cruised with friends and other family members and it has been more trouble than it was worth IMO.

I'm glad you enjoy the CC activities blkspy but see for me, I couldn't think of anything worse. I know lots of people like to do the social stuff but on a cruise I don't want to be part of large group meetings etc. I attend the ship's lectures and other activities (if they sound of interest) but otherwise am very happy with my own company doing my own thing. I meet enough people at meal times in the MDR. If you travel as a group it would be different, but again, we have cruised with friends and other family members and it has been more trouble than it was worth IMO.

The great thing about cruising remains the same. Do as MUCH or as LITTLE as you want.

We had non alcoholic drinks and great snacks provided for our group, along with waiter and bar service. A look at the Princess made video on YouTube gives a clearer picture.

The Retreaters cruise attracts cruisers from all over...and ships officers and its fun and as interesting as a lecture to learn what they do. Meeting great people from all walks of life is never alot of trouble, its IMHO, what cruising is all about.

Happy cruising...

Edited by blkspy

The great thing about cruising remains the same. Do as MUCH or as LITTLE as you want.

We had non alcoholic drinks and great snacks provided for our group, along with waiter and bar service. A look at the Princess made video on YouTube gives a clearer picture.

The Retreaters cruise attracts cruisers from all over...and ships officers and its fun and as interesting as a lecture to learn what they do. Meeting great people from all walks of life is never alot of trouble, its IMHO, what cruising is all about.

Happy cruising...

We enjoy it when the captain talks at the M&G. Obversely it is not necessary for a great M&G but sometimes they provide interesting insight and then you have captain Nick Nash who is off the wall and funny.

The nice thing about the M&G is that you are not obligated to go and that is why the no show factor is so high. Heck on our 13 Nov Regal cruise the person who set it up did not show but it still was fun, the cruise directer picked up the ball and did not fumble On our next cruise, 30 Nov Royal, there is no M&G except for sail away and that works too. The other end of the spectrum was the retreater M&G when we had 220 and that was also fun.

Again, it is meeting new people and old friends that is important but having the captain there is a bonus to us.

Edited by Todd320

The best M&G I went to was the night before the cruise at a hotel where most of us were staying. Some of us had coupons for free appetizers, so we pooled them and ordered appetizers for everyone. It was relaxed and fun, and no one was jostling for the attention of the crew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by dtb55