miami hotel precruise

csunshine860

I would definitely recommend getting an uber or using MJS transportation (I think it's that?)

I stayed on south beach because I had a couple of days before my cruise, so can't help about airport hotels. Sorry! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wondering if anyone has stayed recently at the Clarion hotel on NW 36th near Miami airport. Your comments and what is around the area as well as transportation to POM is greatly appreciated. February bloggers cruise. Many thanks

Christine

You will find many people to bash this area for being unsafe. However, I stay on NW 36th very often (but prefer the EB hotel or the renovated Best Western).

Without a car there is not much to do in the area. One Chinese restaurant, Pizza Hut, Denny's and a gas station.

Contact the hotel, they might have a vendor that shuttles to POM.

Taxi from MIA airport hotels to POM will run about $30 Uber on the same run will be closer to $20

MJS, referred to above, is an often suggested shuttle provider based out of FLL - not sure they can help you in Miami. Most MIA area hotels can set you up with a local shuttle operator for $12+ per person. A few of the budget places include a free shuttle to POM - La Quinta East is the most often suggested.