Sea Sickness Trick

MoodyMin

Hello,

My husband and I were just on the CP May 8th -15th and we noticed several people taking motion sickness medications and applying the patch, however, may I recommend a better, all-natural way, to cure sea sickness. Ginger. That's it just Ginger, you can get it at any GNC or health food store and trust me it works like a dream and you don't even have to put silly patches behind your ear or take medications. I took two Ginger pills daily and after the first day (that I didn't take any) I was fine and wasn't sick at all...even when the seas were 7.5ft-12ft (those who were on the ship at that time, know). So just a friendly heads up. Enjoy!!!

Mindy

Caribbean Princess 5/8/2004

Very good! When feeling queasy, I have eaten a slice of ginger root and that works too. Other trickes are gingersnaps, ginger ale and of course apples.

Diamond Princess Sept 2004

Queen Mary 2 Inaugural 4/2004

NCL Sun June 2003

NCL Sun April 2003

RCCL Radiance Sept 2002

HAL Ryndam May 2002

RCCL Vision Sept 2000

Glad to know this works on the ship! I recently discovered this remedy. The ginger capsules work well for me for car travel, but I wasn't sure how I would do aboard ship and thought I would need Dramamine as back up. I'm looking forward to a more natural way to handle this problem!!

I have used dried ginger root as well - I buy it at the health food store. It is like spicy, chewy candy!

I used it when I sailed on the Conquest July 2003. A tropical storm as passing from Texas accross the top of the Gulf Sunday night when we sailed from New Orleans. Early Monday morning, the seas were very rough, but the ginger worked well.

I also find going out on deck and getting fresh air helps a lot as well as looking at the horizon. I rarely get sea sick, but if I feel a bit queazy, the above remedies work well for me.

Originally posted by MoodyMin:

Hello,

My husband and I were just on the CP May 8th -15th and we noticed several people taking motion sickness medications and applying the patch, however, may I recommend a better, all-natural way, to cure sea sickness. Ginger. That's it just Ginger, you can get it at any GNC or health food store and trust me it works like a dream and you don't even have to put silly patches behind your ear or take medications. I took two Ginger pills daily and after the first day (that I didn't take any) I was fine and wasn't sick at all...even when the seas were 7.5ft-12ft (those who were on the ship at that time, know). So just a friendly heads up. Enjoy!!!

Mindy

Hi Mindy

My husband and I are cruising June 5 on the CP. I have been on 4 cruises but he has not. He's a little afraid of motion sickness so would you recommend this remedy for him? Just 2 a day starting the day we leave? I just have heard so many different things about the patch and dramamine....that i was a little afraid he might be drousy and then really not have fun.

Archived