MTD on Carnival Sunshine

klaner22

You check in right by Alchemy on deck 5. If tables are available they hand you a slip of paper and off you go straight to the dining room to be seated. Our party of between 6 and 8 never had any trouble being seated right away so we were never handed a pager. We went down each night between 6 and 615. Hope this helps.

If you do have to wait for a MTD table on the Sunshine - you're right there at the Ocean Plaza where there are lots of tables and comfortable chairs to relax in after one of your party gets the pager. The elevator to the dining room is right next to the Ocean Plaza.

It's not the big deal that some make it out to be :D

I agree. If you do have to wait it's much more comfortable than standing by the entrance of the dining room. I also thought it was odd when reading about the ship prior to our Sunshine cruise, but it actually worked quite well.

I agree. If you do have to wait it's much more comfortable than standing by the entrance of the dining room. I also thought it was odd when reading about the ship prior to our Sunshine cruise, but it actually worked quite well.

We also were in the camp that thought it was odd at first, but it does work very well. We've been on the Conquest ships with the "enclosed" dining room with no area to wait--this approach is much more desirable. We enjoyed MTD for the most part, but beware, they tried to seat us in the early dining room twice. The first time the first seating was 90 minutes into their meal leaving us 30 minutes to order and eat, which inconvenienced us and the staff--the second time they attempted it we flat out refused.