Anyone used A & E Tours in Grenada lately?

flycatcher06

I am confirmed to go with them on November 15th. Set it up some time ago. Have not heard anything to lead me to believe that anything has happened to them. I hope someone who recently used them will respond.

• 1 month later...
can anyone report on A&E tours?

we are thinking of their "best of nature tour"

we have booked for this tour for the 20 th of dec. all we got was to go to the cruise welcome ctr. and look for our names on a sign.

that was the last i heard from them. tried four times in the last week to e-mail them but have not received any thing from them.

paul

Paul,

we are booked with them for the 20 th too, let us know if you hear anything.

Marla

obladi(Marla)

finaly got in touch with A&E. they said that they have a large numberes of bookings for trhe 20th and that they are comformed. just stop by the ship welcome center and look for your name on a sign or for the A&E sign for the tours for pick up.

hope this helps. might be able to get on the same vehicle for tour #2

paul

7 days to go

We just returned from the Best of tour with A & E. The guides were amazingly good, and very friendly. They were there with a sign holding our name when we arrived in port. Only negative is we only went to one of the falls that the tour mentioned, and we never stopped at a Plantation House. But on a positive note, they dropped us off at a beach on the way back, and from there we were able to take the water taxi back to the ship. Have a great time.

• 2 weeks later...

had a private tour booked for the 20th of dec.got off the ship went to the welcom center , looked for a sign with my name on it, no luck saw some a&e personal asked them,they didn't have an answard so they called in.

this is when things got to be fun. yes we got you booked our rep will be here shortly. waited 15 min. he arrived told that there were others going on this tour. which was ok with us. a group arrived took us out to our van? talked with them found that they had a totaly tour, got with the rep.he then put us in another van. the driver and guide knew nothing of wheere we wanted to visit the rep told us that we will get the nomal tour cost of $25 not the $55 which we were given. after a total of 2 hours waitinga group shows up pushed into the van and off we went. found that they were off another ship which arrived an hour after ours. also found out that only two of thier tour match ours. the annadale falls and the lake.visited both and both was a mad house seems that every tour vechile was at both places at the same time and the ventors were very pushyon selling thier items. they push thier goods in to our faces so thet we cjould smell the spices, in turn i got two cuts on my face and another lady got her glasses broken.after leaving these two places they took us to a rundown fort. no one wanted to visit it so the guide left had to wait 30 min. for him told us that we had to go to the beach and talk with his rep.

got there we all were have been asking to be taken back to the ships .no go must talk with the rep.was the only reply we got. arriving at the beach we all started to look for a taxi. the rep arrived and tried to get to spend time at the beach. when he found that we all wanted to return. he oked it after getting back the driver and guide wanted a tip. non was given. as for the guide he was the quitest one i ever had. the driver said more than he did. did some shopping then got into line to return to the ship the couple in frount of us was talking about thier tour YES!!! it was our tour, and they enjoyed it greatly.

To top things off got home on the 25th found a message from a&e wanting the difference between our payment for the tour we tooked and the tour we were suppose to have gotten NO WAY!

A VERY PISS OFF VISITOR TO GRENADA

PAUL

Paul, sorry we didn't get to meet and that your experience with A & E was so bad. Ours was the opposite and it was FANTASTIC. We had Eddie as our driver who is the E in A & E. He is a very personable, entertaining and knowlwedgable guide and we would highly recommend this tour. We thouroughly enjoyed our day with him and he was very accomodating in taking us anywhere we wanted and staying as long as we liked. We happened to recommend the tour to 10 of our fellow passengers and in appreciation he bought my family a round of drinks and lunch. We loved the Island and are happy that they have been making so much progress in the reconstruction of it. If anyone else takes this tour and is adventurous make sure you jump off the falls like my son did. If you're the mother though don't watch.

Paul,

It seem that they were yelling JUMP for everyone, and I was yelling DON'T JUMP! There were a lot of people we knew at the falls at the time and my son was in white board shorts and flexed his muscles before he jumped, they delayed him a bit until other people got up there. I have to say it took a few years off my life. Oh to be young and stupid again!

Marla

Archived