Does anyone know a good place????

cruzegirl

• 2 weeks later...

go to walmart on line..they have an off brand that my girlfriend has that is incredible!! We took action shots of our kids in a cheer competition and we were so far back we couldnt tell who was who..but in the camera and the pics it looked as if we were on stage with them. If you dont want an offbrand the cannon web site has reconditioned ones they sell for half the price...anyway hope that helps u.

happy cruising we only have 54 days!!!

• 1 month later...

Try B&H Photo Video in NY at:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com

If they don't have it, it's not made. Tamron and Tokina are decent after-market brands and I have both. B&H is a very reliable company that has a large store in NY City, as well as their on-line presence. Their prices aren't bad either, and they have knowledgeable people who respond to e-mails.

I have a Quantaray 24mm ultra-wide for my Nikon N70 that I picked up at Ritz (they are on-line too) for a reasonable price. The aspherical zoom lenses, like a 28-200, 28-300, etc, are great to have. They aren't light weight (my Tamron uses 72mm filters), but it's nice to go from wide to zoom in a flash.

Ken

• 4 weeks later...
to get additional lenses at a good price?? I want a wide angle lens for my Canon Digital Rebel..... I know we all are a savy group here and hoping there's some good information out there........thanks.

Ebay does have reputible folks on line.. Henrys Camera is there.. Cord Camera is there.. Even some Camera manufaturers are there..

Be a little leary of the folks with poor reps or those selling really off brand stuff.. I have seen some off brand 3x tele photos for the fuji s 5000 series I will stay away from.. I have found out the olympus tcon 17 will work for the fuji s and that it is 1.7 times so the camera has a focal lenght now of 370mm ( 35 mm slr equilvant) this should take it to what? 629mm?

Should be ample for wildlife.. I will get it on ebay more then likely. But do a search for canon digital rebel lens on google.. and check what pricegrabber and those come up with

Enjoy

to get additional lenses at a good price?? I want a wide angle lens for my Canon Digital Rebel..... I know we all are a savy group here and hoping there's some good information out there........thanks.

all the places listed in the previous posts are all good but be careful is you not sure shat you are buying. If the orice is very cheap and you are notfamiliar with the brand name, avoid it. A great camera does not overcome a poor quality lens. For my Canon cameras, I stick with Canon lenses (OK, so I worked for them for 10 years). Canon lenses are usually great quality. Tamron and Tokima are also good and you will pay less then the original Canon's. A good all around lens is a 28 - 200 as it will handle most of your photo needs. I only travel with 2 lenses, my 20 -200 and a 35 - 70.

Good luck and don't forget to post your cruise pics!

• 5 weeks later...

Third vote for B&H. Been using them for 30 years via mail-order then the internet. Not always the best price but never by more than a few percent. They also list the grey-market items separately rather than advertising grey prices and offerring a "USA Warranty upgrade" at the time of sale.

If you view your photos on a computer screen, TV or print 4x6s at the local minilab, any of the less expensive Canon wide zooms or third-party lenses from a major manufacturer (Sigma, Tamron, Tokina) will do just fine. If you print your pictures larger than 4x6 on a regular basis, spend the extra money on a better lens.

Depending on how wide you want to go, you may have to spend more money anyway. Keep in mind the crop factor of 1.6x for your Rebel. A 24mm lens is wide on film, but is only equal to a 38mm lens on your camera. You can get a Canon 18-55 zoom for under $150, but if you want to go really wide like 10-20 or 12-24, you are looking at a lot more money.

Whatever you end up with, enjoy your travel, take lots of pics and have fun!

Dave

Archived