How did today 11/06 Conquest debarkation go? Not past ones today 11/6

b8tzm

We were on Upper Forward & were back to our parking lot by 10:30am. I actually feel it went better than last year's debarkation from the Elation. As I recall, the Elation had Customs on the ship. On Conquest, you go through Customs after picking up luggage. I feel the whole process was pretty well organized. We used EZ Parking & they were there waiting when we got off the ship.

I will post a review a little later but will say that we had a great time! Had some sun, some rain ... tendering in Playa ... well, it was an experience ;) It was very, very sad to see the devastation from the hurricane.

Thanks to our fellow CC'ers who made sailing all the merrier! Hope everyone had a safe journey home!

We were on Upper Forward & were back to our parking lot by 10:30am. I actually feel it went better than last year's debarkation from the Elation. As I recall, the Elation had Customs on the ship. On Conquest, you go through Customs after picking up luggage. I feel the whole process was pretty well organized. We used EZ Parking & they were there waiting when we got off the ship.

I will post a review a little later but will say that we had a great time! Had some sun, some rain ... tendering in Playa ... well, it was an experience ;) It was very, very sad to see the devastation from the hurricane.

Thanks to our fellow CC'ers who made sailing all the merrier! Hope everyone had a safe journey home!

n

Glad it went well looking forward to a review :) THX

Do you recommend EZ Cruise Parking, then? I was torn between using them and staying at Days Inn and taking a cab to the pier. I'm leaning toward EZ at this point, and we might just drive in Sunday morning. The drive from Shreveport (where we'll be pre-trip) to Galveston looks like it's a little less than 6 hours.

We were on Upper Forward & were back to our parking lot by 10:30am. I actually feel it went better than last year's debarkation from the Elation. As I recall, the Elation had Customs on the ship. On Conquest, you go through Customs after picking up luggage.

We got off Elation yesterday and customs was also in the terminal. We were in no hurry but our color was the third called. We were in our car at 10:15 and home at 11:30.

This was our third cruise from Galveston. I have read the threads here about problems in Galveston and I chalk it all up to bad luck. We have never had a problem either embarking or disembarking. Problems happen everywhere at times, Galveston is no different. Last Monday we left home at 9:45, arrived in Galveston at 11:15 and were in Tiffany's eating lunch at 12:15. If that is a horror story I'll take it.

Hey...

I highly recommend Cindy and the guys at EZ-Cruise.

The Parking lot is well protected by tall fence, wire, video, and she keeps someone on site.

They are prompt and delivering and picking up.

I thought of leaving my car at the motel, but then they said just park on the side in an unprotected lot and I knew I wanted to feel my car was safer.

Remember...to pre-register and save!!

Do you recommend EZ Cruise Parking, then? I was torn between using them and staying at Days Inn and taking a cab to the pier. I'm leaning toward EZ at this point, and we might just drive in Sunday morning. The drive from Shreveport (where we'll be pre-trip) to Galveston looks like it's a little less than 6 hours.

We used EZCruise, they were fine. I dropped off at the pier, parked and walked back in 5 minutes. They have a shuttle but why wait?

Our party of 7 was on upper deck midship, self assist for our luggage and we were off the boat at 7:25 am. Our Holiday Inn shuttle had us at our cars and we were headed over the big bridge out of Galveston at 8am.......It was a wonderful boat and cruise!

Archived