NCL Sun Live - Nov 6, 2005

zydecocruiser

Do they have buckets of beer - buy 5 get 6th free???? HELP - we are all trying to decide if we should buy through Bon Voyage! :) :) THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!

Love the photos! I was wondering about the safe and fridge - can't wait to show hubby the pictures! :D The coral looked wonderful - I can't get underwater pictures to look like that! Love to know why you might not recommend the trip - did anyone take a trip they liked there? Thanks for everything - I am excited and can't wait to go - Dec. 4th here we come! Debbie

Can you order liquor to be delivered to your room to consume in your room?

No Way - You can buy a bottle of wine at full price and take it back to your room - you can buy beer or cocktails at any bar at full price and take it back to your room. If you purchase any bottles of liquor on board - they will not let you have it until after 6 pm on the final night of the cruise. We did purchase a bottle of Finlander Vodka - picked it up at 6 pm on the final night and drank half of it that night - we poured the rest into a water bottle and brought it home with us.

Also if you purchase alcohol onshore, you will not be able to claim it until the morning that you dis-embark. Alcohol purchased at the gift shop can be claimed the night before dis-embark.

For those asking, there is a gas station (Yellow building) on the right before you make the final two turns before the pier where you can buy softdrinks/bottled water. If you are driving, if you continue south on Hwy 146 past La Porte and across the second big bridge (5-8miles?) you will find a Walmart on the right.

Dave

Dave

Can you order liquor to be delivered to your room to consume in your room?

Yes, but not once you are on the ship - must be done through NCL. They say two weeks notice required, but I did it with less. As mentioned, liquor wasn't delivered until the Monday - guess Texas laws don't permit. Also noticed wine couldn't be ordered at dinner first night until after we were in international waters.

Yes I have the freestyle dailys and will post when I return - but Cozumel should be back as a port in the near future? Also assorted menus, and 100's of other pictures I need to filter through. Even my popular picture of the electric outlet. Many from underwater.

The Cuban sandwich in the buffet on Thursday lunch was wonderful - think Carnival's Rueban may have been displaced, but you can get a Rueban everyday on Carnival.

Best snorkeling without a doubt was off West Bay in Roatan. You can do the Tabyana thing - I ended up with a taxi driver that took me around the island and watched my stuff while I snorkeled for a couple of hours. Loved it - went at my own pace with no follow the leader and no rushing.

Am with a large group, so haven't looked at many of the ship's activities - we have plenty on out own to do. Love the tapas, though. Do have to stop snacking on those before dinner, however. :D

What else, they have a laundry special - $20 for all you can stuff in the back - good sized - BUT - valid when you are in Roatan - cain steward picks up Thursday morning and they say clothes are returned Saturday PM ?!?!? I don't need clean clothes to pack - need them to wear - so did woolite sink special. Pool towels make a good dryer and hang to finish.

No bar soap in bathrooms, so if you like, bring your own.

Very limited goody basket - just shower cap, shoe shine cloth, and some lotion.

Zydecocruiser - I am going on the Sun on the 20th and ordered liquor from Well Wishers. Am I not going to get my order until we are in international waters?

Side note: Are you still in Phoenix? I grew up there in the late 70's and in the 80's. Parents and family still live there (Paradise Valley, Scottsdale). Can't wait for my husband to retire from Navy as we will move back there. I love it there!

Zydecocruiser an update from my earlier email- I called Well Wishers and asked about Texas. They said there were no liquor laws prohibiting us from getting our liquor up sailing. I was also told that they gift wrap the liquor so one cannot tell what type of "gift" it is. Plus they have a relationship and pay a fee to the cruise line to do this so we shall see what happens. I have posted something similar on the "beer drinks" thread. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Well Wishers did say they had an issue where the person's name on the manifest was John Michael and the person ordered under Michael. Well Wishers said they straightened it out and had to make a few phone calls before someone at NCL recognized the company and made the delivery.

Again, we'll see and I will post what happens upon our return.

Happy Sailings!

Wellwishers does indeed gift wrap it so NCL does not know exactly what it is. I ordered a case of beer and some Rum - a bit pricey but better than NCL's price. Looking forward to this cruise as I have been on two previous but did not know about wellwishers and had to play the liquor game on embarkation.

Zydecocruiser an update from my earlier email- I called Well Wishers and asked about Texas. They said there were no liquor laws prohibiting us from getting our liquor up sailing. I was also told that they gift wrap the liquor so one cannot tell what type of "gift" it is. Plus they have a relationship and pay a fee to the cruise line to do this so we shall see what happens. I have posted something similar on the "beer drinks" thread. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Well Wishers did say they had an issue where the person's name on the manifest was John Michael and the person ordered under Michael. Well Wishers said they straightened it out and had to make a few phone calls before someone at NCL recognized the company and made the delivery.

Again, we'll see and I will post what happens upon our return.

Happy Sailings!

The liquor I smuggled on was available almost immediately! :eek:

I live in Phoenix but am originally from New Orleans and am thinking about moving back - now may be a good time to get in the the damp ground floor!

Camera is mostly a Canon S1-IS but I also have a Canon S230 and waterproof cases for both.

Before I forget - The name of the tapas restaurant is Las Rambas...

Balcony picture

nsCiRAiI3EYsgVjnuDkxsccKa+TFbJPP0300.jpg

9SzTUYVOC7V7El-5kSIS2ok3+XOsvU480300.jpg

No need for a bungy cord - had a hook if you wanted to air condition the outdoors.

VTNfQh-aYqy4lbASr9JKeqnSGCjGOqQI0300.jpg

Also had an emergency cooling apparatus

tZNMZHfOJddSZYVhVq7uMM4auKZU5Yq50300.jpg

For the extreme curious, the light on my balcony did work every night I tried it.

EpdLKcwh3mkn+PJvD8fzYRFJTY2EhKak0300.jpg

Chocolate buffet - you can get there early and wait or get there late and wait.

C-Evm7LjASp1x6zrnJ+3nqRrZEDrJ7qU0300.jpg

The only selections at lunch and dinner that I saw. The tea was typical cruise ship nasty (which meant it was fine to me), but no lemonade to cut with. They did have sliced lemons, however.

MUg+ITGKHD7APN9Mcz9DbR2FseFxXf4l0300.jpg

And hand sanitizer, everywhere!

q945R581M31YyhtVFAxDKuMpnP4+pDSX0300.jpg

Son of Sun putt putt paint barge...

XUwLCbHJVhKuu3--Z7a3JDyHyUZ6x-Zi0300.jpg

A 32 pack of water might have been over the top, but why not go for the gold?

rbCADUiGZVaU8xoQpGi4DOdObFImxPAu0300.jpg

I thought these were cute:

nE6uq3LKkkfnBomCyZQr+++mBuy86VIQ0300.jpg

0ujsIE9mU0fbi6n3Krmcsgw9uUgfiFoB0300.jpg

Some difference in food between Four Seasons and Seven Seas, sometimes the same. For example, tonight both will have Oysters Rockefeller for an appetizer, and Four Seasons will offer Chateaubriand where Seven Seas will offer Filet Mignon. I suspect the same piece of meat prepared differently depending on the restaurant.

Oh yeah, there was a DVD player (with remote) in the room. They try to sell/rent you DVDs, but mine from home played just fine.

ofVPxQII54Yv5l6TCj7A6EiDIOuCU8tD0300.jpg

Zydecocruiser,

Can you do me a favor? When you are in the gift shops, tell Nadirah from Grenada that we still need her mailing address so that we can send her the spices we were discussing. She has our email address already. You can not miss her as she is the loudest person in the place. :D

Thanks,

David and Michelle

Archived