2:30 flight, time for anything?

irishayes

I'm wondering if we have time to do anything on the day our cruise returns, or should we just enjoy a leisurely breakfast and be among the last ones to disembark, then go directly to the airport?

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Ok thanks. Do you know what is the latest time we could disembark?

If i am not mistaken you have to be off by 11am. If you do not want to tour you can drop your bags off and enjoy the same time but in Old Town. You will not be disappointed. Walk around have coffee and some sweet bread.

Drop your bags off where?

I toured with my luggage but i have read that you can drop off your luggage at a restaurant across the street at the Pier in Old town. Also a restaurant called Barrachina.

Hi,

I have read about the restaurant that allows luggage drop off in Old San Juan but I have no information.

We took a tour from the ship so that they took our luggage to the airport and we retrieved it there.

I just want to remind people that you need to go through the agricultural scanning also.. It has never took us long but I can see how there could be lines.

Last time we flew out we had stayed a week after our cruise. We grabbed a porter and he helped us go through scanning, checking in, weighing our luggage to be sure they were not overweight and getting us to the ticket counter.

I'm wondering if we have time to do anything on the day our cruise returns, or should we just enjoy a leisurely breakfast and be among the last ones to disembark, then go directly to the airport?

Plan on being at the airport no later than 11:30, and 11:00 would be better. You have to have your luggage screened at the agricultural check point, then you have to stand in line to check in and check your bags, then you have to stand in line to clear security. If you are early there is duty free shopping after security. You can buy your liquor there and carry it on the plane with you to any US destination even if you have to change planes on the mainland.

Edited by zqvol

If i am not mistaken you have to be off by 11am. If you do not want to tour you can drop your bags off and enjoy the same time but in Old Town. You will not be disappointed. Walk around have coffee and some sweet bread.

The OP is arriving on Celebrity, so that will be the Pan American Pier. She will need to take a taxi to Old Town SJ. Not a big deal, but not quite as easy as walking off the ship and into Old Town.

The OP is arriving on Celebrity, so that will be the Pan American Pier. She will need to take a taxi to Old Town SJ. Not a big deal, but not quite as easy as walking off the ship and into Old Town.

Ooops, yea that is a 15-20 minute taxi ride $20-25 with luggage, each way.

Thats starts to become more pricy and time consuming, i would tour or stay as long as you can on the ship.

I agree. Have a leisurely breakfast. Stay on ship (in your cabin if you want) until they do the last call for all passengers to disembark. We've found that from the time we get out of a cab at SJU until we actually get to our gate, can take up to 2.5 hours - standing in line to check in, agricultural check, security. We prefer to be at the airport on time (even if it means we're "stuck" there for 3 hours) than chance missing our flight or running to the gate.