Steak House - Vista Question

TVAN

Hello all. We have booked the Vista for February 2018. We have received a confirmation for our Chefs Table request, all though they cannot tell us which night we will be dining on the chefs table.

Now, we have read that steakhouse reservations fill up quickly. Any recommendations on how to ensure we don't double book?

I'm in the same boat as you (pun intended). We are cruising Vista January 28, 2017, and have 555 reservations and Chef's Table reservations. I read that once onboard, you will find out what night CT is being held. I would imagine that Guest Services will help us out if the schedule conflicts.

If you book the Steakhouse on the first evening of the cruise, you are sure it won't be at the same time as the Chef's Table. Otherwise, after you board; once you know the day of your Chef's Table...head over to the Steakhouse right away to make your reservation. There should still be plenty of slots to choose from.

Their most premium dining experience and you can't reserve a specific date and time? Their schedule is more important than yours? I DON'T THINK SO. I had a long, long email trail with Fascination Maitre'd that wound up on the Carnival CEO's desk complaining about how the Maitre'd insisted on not cancelling my reservation. 20 emails back and forth before I started elevating. Maitre'd refused to give email of a supervisor.

I have enjoyed fine dining at some of the best restaurants in the world, including Manhattan's #1, Daniel Boulard, $480 for dinner for two.

I would never try Carnival's premium dining experience again because they proved they don't get service at that level.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE the service I get on Carnival cruises and I LOVE my experiences in the steak house but the experience I had with the Fascination Maitre'd (even though it earned us a free cruise) was HORRIFIC before we even got on the ship.

Their most premium dining experience and you can't reserve a specific date and time? Their schedule is more important than yours? I DON'T THINK SO. I had a long, long email trail with Fascination Maitre'd that wound up on the Carnival CEO's desk complaining about how the Maitre'd insisted on not cancelling my reservation. 20 emails back and forth before I started elevating. Maitre'd refused to give email of a supervisor.

I have enjoyed fine dining at some of the best restaurants in the world, including Manhattan's #1, Daniel Boulard, $480 for dinner for two.

I would never try Carnival's premium dining experience again because they proved they don't get service at that level.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE the service I get on Carnival cruises and I LOVE my experiences in the steak house but the experience I had with the Fascination Maitre'd (even though it earned us a free cruise) was HORRIFIC before we even got on the ship.

You were expecting service on a Carnival ship that rivaled a New York City restaurant that costs $480 for two? I'm not 100% sure, since I have never done the Chef's Table (First experience will be on the Vista in 2-weeks + (Don't know the exact date, yet), but I think the Chef' s Table runs around $75-100 pp. and that includes wine.

And you got a free cruise because you didn't get your Chef's Table reservation cancelled? Surprised you had difficulty cancelling. I was under the impression there is often a waiting list as it books up so fast. I admire your perseverance. I would have let it go after 2 or 3 emails.

Rose, nowhere do I say I expected the food to be as good as Manhattan. If you re-read my post, you will see that I said I have had the experience - meaning that I know what fine dining SERVICE should be like from the reservation to the salutation and beyond. Given the great experience at the $35 steakhouse, yes - I expected the $75 experience (which is really a supplement over and above the mediocre MDR food) to be sublime. Judging by the replies I finally received, Carnival agrees. It seems you took my statement, which was obviously a qualifier that I know what fine dining service should be like, to mean something else, maybe that I expected them to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it?