San Juan 12-8pm????? BEACH

99florida

We are looking to spend a few hours at a nice beach not to far from the port that has maybe a beach bar for liquids and some snack foods.

Does anyone have any info or recommendations?

Just looking to have a few hours on a nice clean beach with a local happy drink in hand and maybe a chair or umbrella to rent.

Thanks All

We are looking to spend a few hours at a nice beach not to far from the port that has maybe a beach bar for liquids and some snack foods.

Does anyone have any info or recommendations?

Just looking to have a few hours on a nice clean beach with a local happy drink in hand and maybe a chair or umbrella to rent.

Thanks All

I bought this package and later realized that it is the least expensive way to spend time at the beach. The beach is public so you need to rent chairs $5.00 each and umbrellas $10.00.

https://puertoricocruiseexcursions.com/excursion/san-juan-beach-break/

Well worth it, if you do go let me know how it is, planning another trip soon.

I bought this package and later realized that it is the least expensive way to spend time at the beach. The beach is public so you need to rent chairs $5.00 each and umbrellas $10.00.

So if we don't do the package (seems like a really good deal) we could still go and just get chairs an umbrella and pay the $5 and $10 respectively? We would do the package in a heartbeat if we were there earlier. Still may do the package but nice to know that we could go for just a couple of hours.

What is the name of the hotel that offers the package?

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I don't think it's a hotel but from the excursion site that is in the above post. Looks like a really nice place and a good deal if you have the time. Six drinks in a couple of hours might be pushing it for me but not if we had a nice full day to enjoy with lunch included. Really sounds great

So if we don't do the package (seems like a really good deal) we could still go and just get chairs an umbrella and pay the $5 and $10 respectively? We would do the package in a heartbeat if we were there earlier. Still may do the package but nice to know that we could go for just a couple of hours.

I had asked, this package was/is exclusive to island marketing. The hotel has their own package to use the facilities with chair, umbrella and is $25.00 per person. I thought that was NOT worth it at all.

6 hours at the beach is not enough time? Thats how much time i spent there and was more than enough. I drank all my dranks and had a nap..LOL

If this is not your thing i would go to Isla Verde. Lots of people renting chairs, the only thing i did not like was very few places to get a bit and no bathrooms.

But the beach was great!

I had asked, this package was/is exclusive to island marketing. The hotel has their own package to use the facilities with chair, umbrella and is $25.00 per person. I thought that was NOT worth it at all.

6 hours at the beach is not enough time? Thats how much time i spent there and was more than enough. I drank all my dranks and had a nap..LOL

If this is not your thing i would go to Isla Verde. Lots of people renting chairs, the only thing i did not like was very few places to get a bit and no bathrooms.

But the beach was great!

Oh, no.....I agree that's it's not worth the $25 when you can get so much more for just a tad more. This is definitely our thing. The problem is that we don't dock until noon and if things go as planned we'd be off the ship by 12:30 ish and then hailing a cab with the hope of getting there by 1:30pm the latest. If we were to stay for a couple of hours and then head back to do the Old San Juan thing enjoying some authentic Puerto Rican food, we feel that we would be rushing having to be back to the ship by 7:30 the latest. So.... It's more of hanging at the beach and enjoying the day, or hanging around Old San Juan enjoying the authentic lifestyle. Want to do both but to truly enjoy, we have to do one or the other therefore not feeling rushed. If only we knew if the weather would be warm and sunny........ Thanks for your help :)

I would like to know where this beach is too. Since transportation isn't included I want to know how far away it is and price of taxi.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

send them an email, they answer pretty quickly. it should not be more than a 15 min ride. Taxi should be around $20.00

Oh, no.....I agree that's it's not worth the $25 when you can get so much more for just a tad more. This is definitely our thing. The problem is that we don't dock until noon and if things go as planned we'd be off the ship by 12:30 ish and then hailing a cab with the hope of getting there by 1:30pm the latest. If we were to stay for a couple of hours and then head back to do the Old San Juan thing enjoying some authentic Puerto Rican food, we feel that we would be rushing having to be back to the ship by 7:30 the latest. So.... It's more of hanging at the beach and enjoying the day, or hanging around Old San Juan enjoying the authentic lifestyle. Want to do both but to truly enjoy, we have to do one or the other therefore not feeling rushed. If only we knew if the weather would be warm and sunny........ Thanks for your help :)

I think you could be at the beach by 1PM and leave 90 minutes before your ship leaves. BUT if you have never been to old town and like history then stay and go to the beach another time. Walking around Old Town is great! Have a coffee and local desserts. Try a resto called Jibarito great local food.

Which beach hotel was this at? Did you eat there as well?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Which beach hotel was this at? Did you eat there as well?

Yes i did eat there and was great, i had the churasco (its meat) wrap and my then boyfriend had the fish. Rice/beans and banana chips, was Awesome, drinks were good too!

Yes i did eat there and was great, i had the churasco (its meat) wrap and my then boyfriend had the fish. Rice/beans and banana chips, was Awesome, drinks were good too!

Which beach/hotel was this at?

Hi there.... I just looked at the excursion link thru Island Marketing. I just want to make sure I understand.. you are recommending the tour for $45, which includes 6 drinks, food, beach chair & umbrella?!?! Thanks!

Hi there.... I just looked at the excursion link thru Island Marketing. I just want to make sure I understand.. you are recommending the tour for $45, which includes 6 drinks, food, beach chair & umbrella?!?! Thanks!

Yes very much so, least expensive package that i have found, great value. Nice beach and tasty food!