Port Canaveral parking

flob

While it's obviously convenient to park at the terminal, I'm always looking for a good deal and not willing to add another $100-$200 to my cruise. So I found a hotel a few miles away (Cocoa Beach) that offered cruise parking AND free transfers to and from the terminal for $20. 7 days of parking + transfer for $20!? I'll take it (and take that overpriced parking).

I booked about a year in advance though, so I don't know what deals they'll offer now, but I booked through here: https://www.goportcanaveral.com/services/cruise-parking.php

Because my arrival time I selected for Epic is earlier than the transfer though, I plan to take an UBER from the hotel and then take advantage of the van transfer on the way back.

At Port Canaveral, we always stay at either Marriot Residence Inn Cape Canaveral, or Country Inn and Suites by Carlson. They both are in the same parking lot, offer free parking and shuttle to/from port. Also, a free breakfast which you can also grab when you return. In the parking lot is a Hertz rental car agency, so if we have people who fly in (as we used to do before moving to NC), we tell them to get a Hertz car from MCO. There is also a RaceTrac store right there to pick up wine if you need it. Hotel is right near the port.

TIP: find out the shuttle policy. We had it one time where they opened up the shuttle reservation window a few days before check in, so when we arrived without knowing this we were told we would be on a late shuttle. (We had this fixed and went on one before the first scheduled shuttle, as they were very accommodating)

We have used Park and Cruise several times (though not in a couple of years). It seemed safe (never had an issue) and the people are very friendly. However, it does add some time on with waiting for the shuttle and driving around to the multiple ships to drop off. Additionally, the lot is gravel so if you want to wheel your luggage it's difficult and does some work on the wheels.

We recently booked goportcanaveral - it was $30 for however long you are there. But their reviews were too mixed for me to feel comfortable. We ended up cancelling. It took about three weeks for the refund, but that doesn't seem out of the norm for a cancellation to process with the credit card company.

We ended up booking at the cruise terminal -- something we have NEVER done because of the cost. The Port charges for 8 days (on a 7 day cruise) - BUT they are not set up for more than a one week cruise. (I even called to tell them we are on a B2B. I was told that so long as we don't move the car, there would be no additional charge and our two week cruise would cost the same as a one week cruise.)

One of our party needs to catch a flight after the cruise. A shuttle or cab has run $25 from other ports and I assume the cost would be the same or more from Port Canaveral to MCO. By the time we added this cost in, it came out to about the same as parking off-site and removed some anxiety about making it to the airport in time for a noon flight.

Again, I cannot speak from experience about goportcanaveral; but if you are on a longer cruise, parking at the cruise terminal might be a viable option for you.