price or cabin fluctuations

Hsmama

so.... I finally chose and booked a cruise:D anyway...I missed out on a great deal b/c I had to go out for a while,when I returned, the screen refreshed and someone else had obviously gotten it! Anyway I got the next best I could find... now I know I'm supposed to keep an eye on the cruise before final payment is made...what's the best way to do this in minimal time? I'm secretly hoping that cabin and deal I wanted will show up again.... but if it doesn't,and I find a better deal, do I call the agency I booked with for price change,or do it on the HAL website?

for that matter does a price drop only count with same booking type,or if the slightly lower category comes available again...what then? Holland America

Edited by Hsmama

Re-faring your booking to a new promotion can never be done through the cruise line web site; you have to contact whomever you made the booking with, whether the cruise line call center or your travel agent. And the new promotion must not be marked as "new bookings only". But is sounds like the deal you missed out on is one that was put together by the booking agency, not HAL. If you do plan to monitor your TAs website--its entirely up to you to make the time to do so--you may want to first read the fine print on your current booking to see if your TA charges a fee to make any changes to the booking (most online-only ones do).

Edited by fishywood

so.... I finally chose and booked a cruise:D anyway...I missed out on a great deal b/c I had to go out for a while,when I returned, the screen refreshed and someone else had obviously gotten it! Anyway I got the next best I could find... now I know I'm supposed to keep an eye on the cruise before final payment is made...what's the best way to do this in minimal time? I'm secretly hoping that cabin and deal I wanted will show up again.... but if it doesn't,and I find a better deal, do I call the agency I booked with for price change,or do it on the HAL website?

for that matter does a price drop only count with same booking type,or if the slightly lower category comes available again...what then? Holland America

Ask your TA to handle it but still continue to monitor online deals affecting your booking.

Got it- thanks! I will keep an eye out,and call the TA if I see an opportunity,tho I doubt what I'm looking for will return,it was a slightly lower category but saved a bundle. And there are no cabins lef in that category on any site including the HAL site so I waited just a bit too long..... them's the breaks! either way I like my deal ok,but being fairly cheap I like saving as much as possible! Overall this was the best I could locate for what I wanted,and very reasonable I think.