India cruise in February 2017

alicat58

We have booked a cruise starting in Mumbai with Costa. We have been with them lots of times before so no worries there.

I have a few qyestions if anybody can help.

1) Taxi from airport to port and return. The pre-book ones look very expensive but I have read some threads on CC and it appears getting one at the airport can be nightmarish. We can board from midday I think and only leave the next evening so not too worried about the traffic. It is a Sunday. We have a return flight 2weeks later on a Saturday and our flight is at 10.15. Once again we will be overnight in Mumbai.

2) I have looked at lots of info about Tour groups and it looks as if Mumbai magic is good and can be used in Cochin, New Mangalore and Marmagao.

3) Any suggestions in Colombo Sri lanka other than the Elephant orphanage? Not my cup of tea.

4)Has anyone done the walking tours in Male? Not into beach holsbut would not mind going on a catamaran to see dolphins or something.

We have our multi entry visa after a face to face visit and it is valid for 12 months. Might have to do a land trip before December next year.

Alicat

4) I did a self-guided walking tour in Male. It was a big culture shock. You can probably walk the whole island in less than two hours. Keep in mind The Maldives is a Muslim country and if you are staying in Male, you need to be dressed appropriately. Tourists can wear shorts / tshirts, etc. on the "tourist" beach islands. There are no beaches on Male. I also went to Bandos Island. It was paradise, until I was warned about the sharks that were swimming in the same beach as me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have booked a cruise starting in Mumbai with Costa. We have been with them lots of times before so no worries there.

I have a few qyestions if anybody can help.

1) Taxi from airport to port and return. The pre-book ones look very expensive but I have read some threads on CC and it appears getting one at the airport can be nightmarish. We can board from midday I think and only leave the next evening so not too worried about the traffic. It is a Sunday. We have a return flight 2weeks later on a Saturday and our flight is at 10.15. Once again we will be overnight in Mumbai.

2) I have looked at lots of info about Tour groups and it looks as if Mumbai magic is good and can be used in Cochin, New Mangalore and Marmagao.

3) Any suggestions in Colombo Sri lanka other than the Elephant orphanage? Not my cup of tea.

4)Has anyone done the walking tours in Male? Not into beach holsbut would not mind going on a catamaran to see dolphins or something.

We have our multi entry visa after a face to face visit and it is valid for 12 months. Might have to do a land trip before December next year.

Alicat

We had a great tour with Mumbai Magic in Mumbai. Loved the guide. Prices were great.

We used another tour company for the other three ports. They were excellent.

http://www.daytoursincochin.com/cochin-daytours/

Did Colombo January this year. Hubby and I hired a guide thru Viator ....Thomas Sam Samarakoon

Email: samsamarakoon@ymail.com

He was willing to go anywhere we wanted. We went down the Sth west coast. Good day, good vehicle, good guide. Hardest part was getting out of the dock area. We walked but should have got the shuttle to the gate.