Acs2653 Magic trip 17 DEC - 24 DEC 2016!

acs2653

Hello all! My name is Adam and this will be my first review. I have heard from everyone that they would like another Magic review and I am hear to answer the call. I have never done this before, so I hope I live up to some of the other reviews that we have all enjoyed reading. We are going to kick this trip review off early.

A little about me to get everyone acquainted. This is going to be and my Wife's 7th cruise. This is our 3rd on Carnival. We typically cruise 2-3x a year and switch between carnival and royal. Our next Royal cruise will be April 1st. Anyway, We are both in our mid-late 20s and live in Fort Polk, LA. I am an Army Officer and my wife is an assistant director at a child development center. We started cruising for our honeymoon in 2014 and have been hooked ever since. That's pretty much it. We don't have any kids yet which allows us the ability to take these trips! Lol.

Some may be asking why I'm posting so far in advance. Well, I'm starting from the moment I started packing. This leads into my first tip for new and seasoned cruisers. MAKE A CRUISE BINDER! Here's mine. be5d5e8db1504105576f4e55846d9867.jpg Now I am not an organized person. Feel free to ask my wife! But very operation needs a good plan. I have found that having all your documents for the trip in a binder makes it quick and easy to get what you need each day. It keeps the documents together and in a central location. This becomes crucial in a small cabin. I'll post again once I start packing tonight. Feel free to ask questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just started in on your thread after I put together my Cruise Folder. I'm a planner and like to have everything organized. It's expanded (pun intended) over the past two years to include all of the kids' 'to do' stuff too, now that they've started to cruise with us.

We're on the Magic in 27 days (but who's counting?!). Looking forward to reading about your impressions.

We just got off yesterday too, great time and love the ship! I have already commented on a couple of things on another thread (the one about what movies are playing and Schwartz).

Itinerary is great (we love this one) and have been 3 times (all diff ships) but this one was probably the best trip. Love this ship and now searching and ready to book next yrs Christmas trip.

HOLY COW!

So I posted before we left that I would see you on board, and 9 times out of 10, I never actually meet the person. I actually did meet you. We were the ones who were seated next to you at Jack's Shack at Grand Turk!! It was great talking to you, and thanks again for your service. Hope you all had a smooth trip home!

Don't worry guys. I'm going to get to finishing this up. I've been very busy since we got back and am currently seeing family for The New Year. Have a wonderful New Year everyone!

This leads into my first tip for new and seasoned cruisers. MAKE A CRUISE BINDER! Here's mine. be5d5e8db1504105576f4e55846d9867.jpg Now I am not an organized person. Feel free to ask my wife! But very operation needs a good plan. I have found that having all your documents for the trip in a binder makes it quick and easy to get what you need each day. It keeps the documents together and in a central location. This becomes crucial in a small cabin. I'll post again once I start packing tonight. Feel free to ask questions.

I went to Europe last year which included Barcelona, a 9 day cruise, Paris and Amsterdam and came to the conclusion the best thing I could do was make a binder as I went along with my trip as it made it easy to keep track of what we were doing and to include little things along the way like flyers, brochures, stubs, keepsakes etc of the things we did - It was the best thing ever and was so easy to keep up with as it only took me a few minutes each day to add what I did for the day which was better then trying to remember and do it when I got home since I knew I would never actually put it together when we got home

Since doing this I now do it for all cruises - My last 2 cruises are actually in 1 binder - Very good tip