Ensenada Wine Tour - legal age to drink

efghi9

Princess Cruise on the Grand - was wondering if the cruise ship winery excursion requires all participants to be of legal drinking age? My son (aged 15) and I would like to take the excursion (this information is not readily available on the site for reasons too lengthy to explain here). I can try the wines and he can purchase olives and see the countryside.

If there is an age restriction on Princess Excursion then I would research the options. One other independent tour group I looked at did in fact have an age limit. We could rent a taxi for the afternoon to take us to the winery.

thank you in advance.

Sandra

Hi Sandra,

We did this tour last year, it was fun. Anyway, the description says you need to be 18 to take the tour, then it says guests under 18 will not be permitted in the tasting room. Kind of confusing so you may just have to wait till you board to find out for sure.

See you on board, Sharon

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

Hi Sandra,

We did this tour last year, it was fun. Anyway, the description says you need to be 18 to take the tour, then it says guests under 18 will not be permitted in the tasting room. Kind of confusing so you may just have to wait till you board to find out for sure.

See you on board, Sharon

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

Thank You Sharon. yes one way or another we will make a visit to the wine country. My son is a very mature 15 year old. I understand they cannot do tastings, but he is old enough to be on his own while I do the tasting. Will wait and see what Princess says and have a backup plan if he is not allowed.

Sandra

Why not investigate a private wine tour? Try googling Baja Test Kitchen and contact them. We took their tour at the end of November and enjoyed it very much. We visited 3 boutique wineries and had lunch prior to returning to the ship.

Yes I have initiated an email to BTK but so far it is just Kyle and I and the cost is a bit high for me. Also our ship docks at 1:00 and sails at 7:00pm not as conducive for their typical tour times.

Thank you for the suggestion.

sandra