Have you been to Freeport since the hurricane ?

gibsontrio

I'm trying to hear experiences after the hurricane . Our plan is to go to the Lucayan Resort and purchase a day pass . I've contacted them via facebook and they've said the lighthouse point is open and taking people for day passes, but I've also read that it's been washed away. Just trying to find actual accounts from people who've been recently before we arrive and are out of luck .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
I'm curious to know about Freeport as well. It's one of our stops when we sail on 2/26 and I haven't read much about their excursions lately. Wondering if we'll end up just staying on the ship, boo :(

Hey there ! I'm back from my cruise so I can now tell you myself ! All the taxi drivers and Carnival excursion people told me Lucayan was closed ( beach) and not open to day pass guests . I had originally contacted Lucayan myself who said they were open ( lighthouse point ) so I panicked when we arrived as we planned on taking a taxi to the Lucayan resort . We ended up paying for the carnival excursion to the beach when we got off the boat . It would have been only $20 had we booked it before we got off the boat , we ended up paying $42 pp . It wasn't bad at all, Freeport is dumpy outside the resorts, but the people at the beach were nice , the beer was good , and the kids loved the water bouncy thing . I contacted the Lucayan after I returned home to let them know someone had their information wrong and they confirmed they are open.

After all said and done I would have loved to go to the Lucayan but looking back , I would have rathered only spent $20 pp for the 2 hr beach getaway

Thank you! Soooo, they (Carnival) offered you a beach excursion before leaving the boat for only $20/pp?! That's cheap. I'm hoping they offer it on our sailing as well. Right now we don't have anything booked (because nothing looked great to me, and concerns they might change the port at the last minute). I'm hopeful we get offered something aboard the ship!

Thank you! Soooo, they (Carnival) offered you a beach excursion before leaving the boat for only $20/pp?! That's cheap. I'm hoping they offer it on our sailing as well. Right now we don't have anything booked (because nothing looked great to me, and concerns they might change the port at the last minute). I'm hopeful we get offered something aboard the ship!

Yep , it's the same one they offer online . But that morning they announced they had the excursion for beach only for 2 hrs ( plenty of time ) for $20. It was only available before you left the boat , so when we departed thinking we were going to the Lucayan via taxi it was too late . The Carnival guy sold us on the $42 beach getaway , pretty much because we didn't feel like we had any other option . We left the same time the $20 pp did .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Yep , it's the same one they offer online . But that morning they announced they had the excursion for beach only for 2 hrs ( plenty of time ) for $20. It was only available before you left the boat , so when we departed thinking we were going to the Lucayan via taxi it was too late . The Carnival guy sold us on the $42 beach getaway , pretty much because we didn't feel like we had any other option . We left the same time the $20 pp did .

Do you know which beach they took you to?

We just got back today off the Dream. We did Lucayan resort day pass. Only 20.00 per person and you have access to beach and pools. I was very pleased . The main resort was closed , but the lighthouse point was open and beautiful.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We took a taxi to the Port Lucyan Market then walked left down the street to the red and white lighthouse. Entered the lobby and bought the pass at a bar toward the rear. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Taxi was 10.00 per person round trip to and from the cruise ship. ab93f464b680d130e8456ac5dd88ce39.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums