30th birthday

peaceweb1

Hi. My wife's 30th bday is coming up next year. I was considering this cruise line for our trip but I'm a bit concerned about the general age of the passengers. I want to take her on a special cruise for her birthday (not a cattle call cruise like our trips in the past). However, from the info on cruise critic, I'm a bit concerned we would be out of place due to our age. She will be 30, I'm 32. Any opinions? Thanks for your time.

I'm in your age bracket and I found the passenger mix to be quite varied, at least on the crossing I did this past March. I was probably one of the younger ones on board but did not feel out of place in the least. I have found that the majority of Seabourn passengers are young at heart and really, that's what matters!! :)

Trust me, with the pampering you will recieve on Seabourn it will make this special occasion even more special.

The wide range of ages is only apparent if you want it to be. There are many wonderful people and you will be made to feel very much a part of the "family"...while having as much privacy as you want.

Keep in mind that on the shorter, Caribbean, cruises you will tend to have a younger (in age) mix. While the longer and more exotic cruises you have those young in heart and mind. Can't go wrong!!

You can be pampered on Seabourn like no other. What a great way to celebrate.

You might want to check back through some older postings to get some additional input on the age thing. It is a valid question, but depending on some factors, it can be overcome and you could still have a great time.

As you might find in some of the posts, some members will PROMISE you will have a good time, but that is difficult for anyone to say without knowing what suits your fancy, and your wife. We all have different expectations.

Personally, we loved our cruise and will go again, but I know many friends and family that probably would not enjoy it as much.

peaceweb1, What a wonderful husband you are! Both of you will be "spoiled rotten!" Our Seabourn ships go out of their way to make special "marked events" a big celebration!

As to age.....there will be many guests (as well as entertainers) in your age group. You will feel right at home! Don't let those elderly sailor's fool you though.....many stay up in the Club very late, dancin'!

Welcome to Seabourn!

Martita

Archived