Premium Wine Option Value?

photopro2

Hello everyone and thank you for sharing all your great experience and knowledge with novice cruisers like ourselves.

I've read that there is a premium wine option in the alternative restaurants for $25 each per meal I believe.

Does anyone have any experience or comments on this option?

Wine choice is very subjective I know, but I am trying to get a sense of the extent people might have found this to be a worthwhile "upgrade"?

Thanks!

We were on The Sea in September. We did buy the $25 wine upgrade at The Chef's Table and it was excellent - among others a New Zealand Pinot Noir and a superb aquavit paired with the salmon course. We did try to upgrade at Manfredi but the $25 package was not on offer but premium wines were offered by the glass. We looked at the listing but there was nothing we preferred to the included wines that evening. Definitely worth the extra for Chef's Table as it is a tasting menu.

Depending on how many glasses of wine and aperitifs you like , you can also get the silver spirit beverage package. It's anything under $15 and your wine is automatically upgraded at the chef's table without an additional charge

Isn't it funny how you can sometimes miss the obvious!

I had somehow overlooked the possibility of simply paying for a "listed" wine by the glass or bottle just as in a conventional restaurant. That would seem to be the answer in Manifredi's and we will take the upgrade option at The Chef's Table where trying something new (food and drink) is part of the experience.

Thank you all for the excellent input!