Who said cruising was expensive?

WIGIG - When It Is Gone It Is Gone.

We are currently on Serenade , booked over a year ago when they were giving free gratuities and free Select drinks packages on inside cabins for UK bookings.

Out of curiosity I just checked my invoice for the sailing, it worked out that on this sailing we are cruising for £10 per night per person !!!!!!!

For the Christmas cruise we are paying a whopping £45 per night per person.

It is not always rip off Britain, you just have to be in the right place at the right time surfing the net for cruise deals. Happy surfing for the deals:D

WIGIG - When It Is Gone It Is Gone.

We are currently on Serenade , booked over a year ago when they were giving free gratuities and free Select drinks packages on inside cabins for UK bookings.

Out of curiosity I just checked my invoice for the sailing, it worked out that on this sailing we are cruising for £10 per night per person !!!!!!!

For the Christmas cruise we are paying a whopping £45 per night per person.

It is not always rip off Britain, you just have to be in the right place at the right time surfing the net for cruise deals. Happy surfing for the deals:D

So just to clarify, you managed to book an 11-night cruise for £110 per person total (about $140 US at the current exchange rate)? That's unbelievable.

I'm guessing what the OP has done is subtracted the value of the free perks from the cruise fare and somehow arrived at the belief that that number represents the true cost of the cruise. Rather than take the cruise fare, add the value of the free perks in and compared the totals to determine the savings value. At the end of the day your out of pocket is your out of pocket, just because your worth was greater does not return the cash value back into your bank account.

Edited by fishywood

I believe what the OP has done is subtracted the value of the free perks from the cruise fare and somehow arrived at the belief that that number represents the true cost of the cruise. Rather than take the cruise fare, add the value of the free perks in and compared the totals to determine the savings value. At the end of the day your out of pocket is your out of pocket, just because your worth was greater does not return the cash value back into your bank account.

Ohhhhhh, hah. Thank you, that makes a lot more sense than what I was thinking.

• 3 weeks later...