Europe cruises

txclctr

If you aren't going to benefit much from any of the perks the NCL Asia site is offering 50% off second passenger but I think today is the last day. I saved about 4K on my suite booking this way. If unsure you can always put a hold on the room, get your PCC on the phone and complete booking with him/her. Same cancellation deadlines. https://www.ncl.com/in/en/cruise-deal/bogoho

I'm also in the US. When I click the link it takes me directly to that site. Perhaps clear your cookies or open a private bowser? Idk if ncl usa can look up the deal and book for you as well but worth a try to call them. My NCL PCC was able to book for me but I did start with giving him a confirmation hold number.

As far as the deal; it's 50% off second passenger perk that you choose when you go though the web booking process. Just like the us site where you get to the perks choice page. For suites the only two choices will be 50% or NCL rate. Anything below suite will give you the combo choices and you click 50% as your perk choice. if you are lattitudes there's a $100 obc and extra lattitudes point for balcony and above. $50 for inside and ov.

Edited by littlelulu01

It does take me to the site but when you go through the booking the pricing is not 50 off. You were able to call with a confirmation number and they deducted the amount then??

No. it allowed me to book 50% off online. I put a hold and then called pcc and he did the actual booking. I just did a dummy booking on your sailing and it gave me 50% off all categories except GT rates. Perhaps you are trying to book a GT rate? Try for lowest non GT rate. Then you will be offered perks and you can pick the 50% perk.

Edited by littlelulu01

Yes I see it! But did you say you can get additional perks with the 50 off?

The only extra perk is the $100/50 obc and extra lattitude point special they are running and that's not one of the free at sea perk choices. It shows up on the payment page if you have entered your lattitudes number. You can always call ncl after and ask about it and if its on your booking have them email you an amenities invoice.

Yes I see it. Upgrading to the suite gives you all the perks also. A little more than I wanted to spend but still a great deal. Will wrap up my booking today. Thank you so much! I got such a great price on airfares last week that now I don't mind

Yes I see it. Upgrading to the suite gives you all the perks also. A little more than I wanted to spend but still a great deal. Will wrap up my booking today. Thank you so much! I got such a great price on airfares last week that now I don't mind

With the 50% off you don't get any of the free at sea perks like UBP, Internet, SDP, shore ex but you do get the suite perks like breakfast and lunch in cagneys... Great deal if you don't want the UBP and can live without the other perks. I think you have 60 days to transfer to a travel agent so they may be able to give you some extra obc to make up for lost perks. Btw the only difference I notice is that I need to call in further payments. Can't make extra payments on my ncl. Ncl said it has something to do with it being an Asia site booking but all payments are in usd and cc showed ncl Asia Miami making the charge with a Miami address. Re the additional $100 obc; it shows up in my ncl so check to make sure you get that added too.

Those airfare sales must be good for the cruise industry. I was on the fence with the cruise but then saw non budget airfare that I couldn't pass up. West coast to LHR on delta and Virgin all in with taxes $470 round trip. I paid more than that this year for, "free" british airways Avios tickets just in their taxes and fees. I also justified Haven suite with this 50% sale and with all the $ saved in airfare. We are now committed two weeks on the Jade so will probably need to let husband know pretty soon.

Lol! I got roundtrip newark to venice for $572 with a short 45 min stop in zurich. I missed out of the direct $500 flights because I kept rubbing my eyes in disbelief. Same here enough of a saving to upgrade to I guess comparable haven suite in the Star for myself and my 2 daughters. Hope they love and appreciate it!

That seems like an awfully short layover for customs. If the airline booked you through on one ticket you may want to call them and question the layover. They should be able to switch you to the direct flight no extra cost if you can't make connection. If not, keep an eye on the flights because if the first flight gets bumped out much the connection won't work. Should they tweak flight much in any direction causing connection problems, they'll switch you to direct no charge, even if they have to put you on another airline. Have a great trip.

I have to agree on that 45-minute layover! I'd definitely be calling the airline--that would completely stress me out for an international flight.

I'm on a western Med cruise next Sept and I'm used to paying at least $800 to $1,000 for my airfare to Europe--not often we see it under that (anyway not to the airports I need) from the West Coast. Snagged my RT to Rome from PDX for $422 a couple weeks ago. I've never seen it that low from here! YAY!

Edited by Quilting_Cruiser

I just assumed that it would be in the same terminal otherwise they wouldn't even allow you to book that type of flight, sort of like running from gate to gate, but yes I will double check.

Now for another question, what does a butler and concierge do for you?? Hehe

I have to agree on that 45-minute layover! I'd definitely be calling the airline--that would completely stress me out for an international flight.

I'm on a western Med cruise next Sept and I'm used to paying at least $800 to $1,000 for my airfare to Europe--not often we see it under that (anyway not to the airports I need) from the West Coast. Snagged my RT to Rome from PDX for $422 a couple weeks ago. I've never seen it that low from here! YAY!

Congrats on the airfare. I've never seen that low of price either. I saw them about a month ago but as I was looking at the fare in disbelief like op, the fare went away. I was pretty bummed but put it on a google fare watch and it popped back up a couple weeks later. 2nd time around I grabbed it. I assume you are on Delta. I paid an extra $109 to upgrade to comfort plus on delta. It's really just a little extra legroom and incline with seat but Delta is coming out with a new premium comfort class next fall which is supposed to be a much better product. If they upgrade the seats by fly time supposedly we will get for no extra cost. I think PDX comfort plus was a little more $119? If you want to add it you can by going into manage my booking.

I just assumed that it would be in the same terminal otherwise they wouldn't even allow you to book that type of flight, sort of like running from gate to gate, but yes I will double check.

Now for another question, what does a butler and concierge do for you?? Hehe

Depends on the butler and concierge you get but we've always had great luck. Check in at Venice cruise port you'll get separate check in and taken right through security and onto ship. That's a very nice perk especially in Venice. This year set up was just after entering the port building to the left. You can do a forum search but it is really nice to have their services. They aren't in the tip pool so you tip them separately depending on how much you use them.

One more thing. I made sure to purchase trip insurance. I think for inclusion of pre-existing conditions you need to purchase within 10 days of deposit on any non refundable portion of the trip. You never know if the cruise line will make changes, missed plane... the last two trips I actually needed to make a claim. One for checked bags that didn't show up and a stolen iPhone in Venice. Last cruise for medical - had to see ship doctor and it was around $250 for a visit and a zpack. Of course the $92 zpack I purchased on the ship was only 4 euro in Venice when I picked some up for husband just in case at the pharmacy. In croatia the pharmacies make you have a dr prescription but Italian pharmacies will give without.

Congrats on the airfare. I've never seen that low of price either. I saw them about a month ago but as I was looking at the fare in disbelief like op, the fare went away. I was pretty bummed but put it on a google fare watch and it popped back up a couple weeks later. 2nd time around I grabbed it. I assume you are on Delta. I paid an extra $109 to upgrade to comfort plus on delta. It's really just a little extra legroom and incline with seat but Delta is coming out with a new premium comfort class next fall which is supposed to be a much better product. If they upgrade the seats by fly time supposedly we will get for no extra cost. I think PDX comfort plus was a little more $119? If you want to add it you can by going into manage my booking.

The fare I got was there and then gone not much later. I lucked up that someone on my roll call posted they'd gotten a great deal, so I checked and there it was!

Yes, I'm on Delta and I've already upgraded. I'm 6'1" and my legs go on just about forever, so an international flight for me is an automatic upgrade. :o Those few inches of extra legroom make a world of difference for me. Fortunately for work I get to fly business class when it's international. :D

I also booked my air independently. The sale I got was on 11/20/16 and it lasted about 2-3 days. A couple weeks prior they had the same fares. I did see last week they had some low fares from east coast for a few hours. West coast rarely sees low fares. They may pop back up again but I've never seen under $500 RT from Pacific Northwest non budget carrier. I think the airlines know that most people will pay extra not to have to fly across the us first. SEA to LHR nonstop at 9.5 hours is worth considerable $. The further down the west coast, the longer the flights take and so those people may be more willing to fly across country to pick up a transatlantic flight.

I booked directly on the Delta website, but that's simply because I planned to use miles to pay for my ticket. I ended up just paying for it and saving my miles for a future trip when the fare is higher. Another person on my roll call got a similar fare on, I believe, American Airlines. It's not at all a matter of your being stupid. The fares change quite often. I usually set up a fare alert on Kayak or Travelocity and am prepared to grab a good deal if it comes up--he who hesitates is lost! Sometimes these fares are for a very short time. I think I just lucked out. My daughter swears that fares are lower on Tuesdays, so take a look tomorrow and see what they are. It may be just a matter of checking at the right time, so check frequently!

Edited by Quilting_Cruiser