12 day Rome to Vence Thoughts

propwash

We did the od am Rome to Venice with many of your Greek ports last September and it was wonderful. Greek ports had a different feel than Italian ones. When we did Naples we tried to do Capri's Blue grotto but the water was too rough. If time allows do Pompeii and Amalfi coast. Check out Joe Bananas limo. They did great tours and offer multi cities discount. Try to extend both ends if you can' date=' Rome is spectacular ,and Venice breath taking. The sail into Venice is amazing enjoy[/quote']

Thanks.......I'm looking forward to the trip and planning a couple of days at both ends of the cruise.

Danny

The only problem we have found with ending cruise in Venice is the choice of flights and the cost. We discovered it was cheaper to rent a limo service and go to Milan and fly from there - many more options and flight cost was much less after deducting cost of limo.

harry

And much cheaper to go back to Rome to fly back to the US. Not too many choices from Venice, got to go thru London and add about 10 hours in downtime.

Danny

And much cheaper to go back to Rome to fly back to the US. Not too many choices from Venice, got to go thru London and add about 10 hours in downtime.

Danny

WE took the train from Rome to Venice on our first cruise, out of Rome, thinking we might not get to see Venice, little did we know we would book a Rome to Venice two years later. The train was very comfortable, we booked here and it was reasonable, took an express and it was about 3-3 1/2 hours got to see some lovely countryside on the journey. I am sure the flight is faster, and most likely by the end of the trip you are anxious to get home. In Venice get the unlimited day pass for their boat travel, they offer one or two day passes. You can use it like a ho/ho bus for travel.

enjoy your trip

Terri aka Augie's mom

WE took the train from Rome to Venice on our first cruise' date=' out of Rome, thinking we might not get to see Venice, little did we know we would book a Rome to Venice two years later. The train was very comfortable, we booked here and it was reasonable, took an express and it was about 3-3 1/2 hours got to see some lovely countryside on the journey. I am sure the flight is faster, and most likely by the end of the trip you are anxious to get home. In Venice get the unlimited day pass for their boat travel, they offer one or two day passes. You can use it like a ho/ho bus for travel.

enjoy your trip

Terri aka Augie's mom[/quote']

THANKS for insight. Did you enjoy the cruise and did you visit Greece?

Danny

Danny

Yes the cruise was wonderful,the ship was great. I loved Greece, Santorini is beautiful , we took the tender, and did it on our own. In Athens we did a private tour organized by our cabin mate,where 6 or 7 from our roll called joined. Our guide was excellent we were out till 4pm on an all day tour. It was still warm in September ,though should be cooler and less crowded when you are there. We were mid September and the shop keepers said we missed the big crowds. You will love it.

Terri

Danny

While we sometimes flew bac k to Rome foe our TA flight home but we also took a train to Milan for our flight home from Venice. I don't know the wchedules/flight c hoic es to yourfhomdde zifrrpofgt, sd founccx gt somdetgimdesx wortfrfh fflyinb vofm mMilan. It was great as that gave us the chance to see a bit ot Milan which we might not have othewise.......... think: Last Supper..

Tha itinedazry is fab ulout. Se did similar ones. I love Athens, Rome, Napoli, Venice, Mykonos and never have seen enough of them.

Edited by sail7seas

While we sometimes flew bac k to Rome foe our TA flight home but we also took a train to Milan for our flight home from Venice. I don't know the wchedules/flight c hoic es to yourfhomdde zifrrpofgt, sd founccx gt somdetgimdesx wortfrfh fflyinb vofm mMilan. It was great as that gave us the chance to see a bit ot Milan which we might not have othewise.......... think: Last Supper..

Tha itinedazry is fab ulout. Se did similar ones. I love Athens, Rome, Napoli, Venice, Mykonos and never have seen enough of them.

Thanks, hadn't thought about Milan or anywhere else. Got some time to check the possibilities.

Danny

Danny

Hi Danny

We used this tour in Athens our tour guide was excellent, http://www.privategreecetours.com/

He was very knowledgeable and we had a good group. See what your roll call has going on, and maybe you can get others to join as we did. His name was Nikkos.

enjoy.

Terri

Hi Danny

We used this tour in Athens our tour guide was excellent' date=' http://www.privategreecetours.com/

He was very knowledgeable and we had a good group. See what your roll call has going on, and maybe you can get others to join as we did. His name was Nikkos.

enjoy.

Terri[/quote']

THANKS Terri, I appreciate the info.

Danny

Lots of details have already been posted.

We went on another cruise line to this general itinerary 10 mos. ago, and it was a very enjoyable trip. We also went to Turkey however many cruise lines are bypassing them now due to political problems which may be why you have 2 nights in Athens.

You should really enjoy your trip.

Only cruise we've taken that beats the Greek Isles is a Baltic cruise in Summer. We stayed in Copenhagen before the cruise and went on to Oslo and Bergen. It was a marvelous trip with 2 fabulous days in St. Petersburg on tours..