Dawn Obstructed View Sideways Staterooms

Jme4166

We were just one the Gem in a Obstructed Oceanview stateroom and loved the location. One of our friends stayed a few rooms down in a Obs. View sideways room and it was awesome. Was wondering if anyone stayed in 8612,8616?

We ended up booking 8616. Why did you hate 8618?

It was very small & there was no place to sit! The bed, the hassock thing at the mirror, or the toilet! We had to have the beds separated to give us a little more room & the life boat not only blocks the view, it also blocks the light.

There were also people working out there while we were in Bermuda so the curtains needed to be closed.

I stayed in 8622 which is similarly located (other side of Atrium). We could hear the band playing pretty clearly but as I was not an early sleeper, it didnt bother me at all.

Location is excellent if you want to be close to restaurant/bar/atrium. The lifeboat view didnt bother me at all (but I had nothing to compare it to) and we did get light (could see a bit of the ocean as well).

While docked, they did have repairs etc going on so there were workers right outside the window sometimes.

There is plenty of room in the cabins although its true there isnt a couch. I usually sat on a bed when I was in the cabin.