Clark's Tour

TardisDance

Has anyone tried Clark's Tour? I am considering either the bar hopping or the rum distillery and brewery tour plus seven mile beach. These are the tours bookable through Viator. Their reviews seem positive, but I'm not seeing a lot from cruise passengers. Also, it seems they only have tour times at 9 am, 11 am or 1 pm. I'm going to be arriving on Celebrity Silhouette at 10:30 am and departure is at 6:30 pm. I'm not sure if I can swing the 11 am time since this is a tender port, so I'm thinking 1 pm is the best option. The tour is for 4 hours, so I think I'll have enough time to not miss the ship? If anyone can share their experiences, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Edited by TardisDance

Hi there, we just did this tour last week while we were on the Silhouette. We chose the 1:00 pm tour to make sure we had plenty of time to get off the ship via the tenders and not rush around. And most importantly, have a Mast Grill burger and fries before all the drinking. The later tour will also allow you to get off the ship and shop before the tour if you wanted.

Overall it was a fun excursion. There was some weirdness though. First, they were holding up a sign for AMVIVO, not Clark's Tour, so it was hard to find them and we weren't sure it was correct. However, they had us on their list so it was OK.

When we went to the brewery the driver just left us there. The eight of us sampled the beer (which was pretty good). Then I "thought" we were supposed to tour the brewery, but that never happened. So we're standing around wondering what's going on. We eventually start having A LOT more samples. And then more samples because what else are we going to do? Eventually the driver pops back in and takes us to the beach for about 45 minutes.

So...I don't know what the timing at every place was supposed to be so I can't really say if that much time at Caybrew was planned or not.

We made it back to the pier around 5:00pm, in plenty of time for the last tender at 5:45 pm.

The distillery was by far the most interesting as you toured the facility and told all about the rum-making process. Our guy was so passionate about what they were trying to do there.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions let me know. We had a great time on the ship.

It looks like Clark's renamed their site to AMVIVO. I was a bit confused, because I looked them up a couple months ago when they were still Clark's tour. Now the site has been re-branded.

I assume you did the tour that includes Seven Mile Beach? I'm trying to figure out the main differences. One is called a bar hopping tour for 5 hours for $59 and the other has Seven Mile Beach in the description for $39 and for 4 hours. I'm thinking the bar hop is out the question unless I'm ready to miss the ship :eek:

Yes, we did the distillery, brewery, Seven Mile tour. I emailed them about which tour to do based on the port times. Here's their response...

Due to the information given to me you guys won't be able to make the 11 A.M. trip. I would suggest the 1 P.M. tour but what would happen with this is that we would have to cut it short because its a 5 hour tour.

My next suggestion would be the Rum distillery and brewery tour that's only 4 hours and you only miss a couple of the stops from the bar hopping tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk