Carnival Freedom - 12/24 - 1st time on Freedom

rangerdog

My husband and I are SOOO excited to cruise for our first time on the Freedom on Saturday and celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary! Since we've never been on this ship, we have a few questions please:

1. Is the early dining in the middle or back dining room?

2. We've never tried the steakhouse but have reservations on Tuesday night of the cruise. However, I do NOT want to miss the escargot in the MDR. Does anyone know exactly what night they serve escargot in the MDR?

3. Do you recommend the steakhouse? Is it worth the additional $70 for hubby and I? Can you order as many appetizers/salads/entrees like you do in the MDR?

4. Does the Freedom have the "fish and chips" place which is located on the 2nd floor of the Lido buffet area on other ships?

5. Any "secrets" about the Freedom that we need to make sure to see and/or do?

6. What is the Platinum gift on the Freedom?

7. Do they offer the "behind the fun" tours? If so, is it still on the last sea day and costs $99 a person?

8. Anything else you can share with us about the ship? :)

Edited by rangerdog

My husband and I are SOOO excited to cruise for our first time on the Freedom on Saturday and celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary! Sin

3. Do you recommend the steakhouse? Is it worth the additional $70 for hubby and I? Can you order as many appetizers/salads/entrees like you do in the MDR?

We believe the upcharge is worth it. More so for you since you are celebrating your anniversary.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

My husband and I are SOOO excited to cruise for our first time on the Freedom on Saturday and celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary! Since we've never been on this ship, we have a few questions please:

1. Is the early dining in the middle or back dining room?

Likely to be in the aft dining room (which is all assigned-time dining) or the top floor of the midships dining room. That seems to be the standard on Conquest-class ships.

Most folks say it's worth the upcharge, but no, AFAIK you can't get multiple entrees there like in the MDR. Appetizers and salads, hmmm, maybe. ;)

4. Does the Freedom have the "fish and chips" place which is located on the 2nd floor of the Lido buffet area on other ships?

No, it's been replaced by Ol' Fashioned BBQ, which is free like Fish'n'Chips was. (It's really good for the price and seldom crowded.)

You DO have Seafood Corner in the back of the ship on Deck 9 Lido, across the deck from Pizza Pirate. Pretty good seafood for mostly nominal charges.

EDIT: apparently it's called Seafood Shack on Freedom, per the revised deck plans. It was Seafood Corner on Conquest a few months ago.

5. Any "secrets" about the Freedom that we need to make sure to see and/or do?

Try out the "secret" decks in the front, on Decks 6 and 7. They are accessible to the public and one of the few places on the ship where you can get a good view of the prow and the ship's bell. Note: It can get quite windy and on blustery days they will close the decks off.

7. Do they offer the "behind the fun" tours? If so, is it still on the last sea day and costs $99 a person?

Yep, and yep. I'm a 5-time veteran and I've learned something new every time. :)

Edited by Pellaz