Boro Taxis NYC

bill_posters_is_innocent

I will be flying into JFK from the UK and travelling around for 2 weeks before flying back to JFK from Jacksonville FL and boarding the QM2 on 6th July for a TA back to the UK.

I have received excellent advice on this site with regards to hotels etc for an overnight stay and have decided on the Best Western Prospect Park Brooklyn as its close to Brooklyn cruise terminal so I wont have to worry about traffic gridlock.

My present query is as follows.

On researching transfers from JFK to the hotel I have become rather confused and slightly concerned by the reviews online of various car services and Taxi services. It seems to be a lottery as to if the drivers will know where the terminal is, speak English, have a clean vehicle, and take the most economical route.

During my research I have come across Boro Taxis who seem to focus on Brooklyn so will, I hope, fit my requirements.

Any advice will be very welcome as we are not big city people and find them rather confusing ( must come with advanced age, lol )

I'd recommend a car service. We've used Dial7 three times to Red Hook from Manhattan with no problem. I would assume that the same is true with Arecibo and Carmel car services. We will take taxis within the city, but use car services to dealing with transportation to/from the port and airports.

Another consideration may be luggage. Will all your bags fit in the trunk of a standard taxi?

One alternative I would not use is a "ride sharing app" like Uber (or Lyft). These drivers are often unfamiliar with the area and rely upon Waze or another app for directions.

Mark

We used UBER from LGA to the same hotel ( Best Western Plus Prospect Park) on Nov 9. Fare was 34$ for 2, with normal amts of luggage.

The convenience of the hotel is AWESOME..... its just steps from the Subway line, and the front desk folks at the hotel were VERY kind and helpful with subway maps and info and directions. You've made a Wonderful Hotel Choice.