Mariner of the Seas - "Stateroom 7616"

!First time cruiser! I apologize in advance for asking a question that in all likelyhood has been asked a zillion times before...

I just purchased a 7 night Eastern Carribbean cruise and "was assigned/selected" a deck 7 balcony stateroom. This cabin is directly in front of the elevators which makes me somewhat nervous.

I'm a little concerned with the possibility of excessive noise/foot traffic, is this a real problem? On the other hand, the idea of being only a few steps from the elevator sounds convenient.

Actually, I guess I'm looking for any information on the quality of this stateroom.

Thank so much! :)

Based on what I've read on other boards, the elevators/noise are not an issue. The elevators open away from the room and you actually have to walk around a small wall to get to the cabins. Also, I believe your cabin is located on the "hump" which is supposedly the ideal location. Hope that helps. :)

Thanks for the info LGC, and yes, according to the deck map the room is on the little bump in the middle of the ship. It's great to hear that's a good spot... I guess the Royal Caribbean customer service guy really did take care of me! :)

Your location is great and you will love the Mariner....We were in 8320 in January which is mid hump and were able to see fore and aft. Your cabin is port side and is more forward but it is a wonderful location and the elevators are a plus not an issue....Jill:cool:

Thanks for easing my mind about the elevators and letting me know that the "hump" cabin really is a good thing! I am scratching my head a little because there is one unoccupied cabin on the opposite side of the ship on the center of the hump and the customer service guy gave me this one.

Jilly mentioned the center and the excellent view so if it's possible to change cabins would the center of the hump be better? I'm so jazzed on this whole cruising thing that I'm being silly I guess. The cabin I've booked is just fine I'm sure! lol

Again, thanks for your help. :)

We were in 7318 on our cruise in March. You'll love the cabin but if you can get an **18 or **20, even better. The 18's and 20's are center humps. Our cousins were next to us in 7320 so we had both center hump cabins and it was great. The views were incredible.

And no, the elevators are not an issue. They are in sort of a vestibule. You actually have to walk into a hall and turn left 3 cabins to get to yours. We never heard a peep out of anyone. I have a couple of pics of our cabin. I'll try to get them on here for you (I'm not very good at it so please be patient).:o

Cathy

We just got back from our second cruise on the Mariner, and our cabin was on the "hump" on both cruises. On our Dec 2004 Western Caribbean cruise, we stayed in cabin 6318. On our Oct 16-23 Eastern Caribbean cruise, we were in cabin 8314. Here are some of the perks we found by being on the hump, and on a middle deck: The views from the balcony are fabulous. The elevators are conveniently right outside your door. The stairs are right outside your door. The Royal Promenade, which has the Cafe Promenade, is on Deck 5 - just four short flights of stairs down (this comes in handy when you want a quick slice of pizza, or a cup of hot chocolate before bed). And, from where your cabin is located, when you walk up to Deck 11, you are right outside the Windjammer. I think you will really enjoy being on hump.

And oh yeah, we didn't have any problems with elevator-related noise.

Cruisin Cleo

This March, we were on Mariner on the 7th deck -same side of the ship, a little further midship than your cabin. I don't think the elevator lobby noise should bother you. Overall, the noise level in the corridors was minimal. One thing I do recall was as we passed along the "hump" rooms on the way to the elevator, there was a bit of a lingering sewage smell on our cruise.

Most likely it was an isolated problem. I've never encountered anything like that before on a cruise. Plus, I doubt RCCL would be able to get away with something like that. I'm sure DHEC (or whoever regulates ships) would not allow that type of smell to "linger.":eek:

Thanks Bhughey, thats a relief! Also, I'm really inclined to agree with what GoCruisin' said. There's probably an assortment of strange "vessel" odors that a ship could get away with occasionally, but that ISN'T one of them! lol

Change that baby's diapers for goodness sakes!! <grin>

Archived