Coco Cay

bucky0926

I am going to the Bahamas with Royal Caribbean in April. They have clamshells to rent but I was wondering if that was necessary. I want shade with a lounger (actually two one for me and one for DH). Is there an abundance of shade or would I be better off just renting an umbrella? Is it hard to find a lounger? Which is the best beach for snorkeling? Does it get very crowed or will it be peaceful? Any hep for this first timer on RC would be appreciated.

You won't have trouble finding a lounge chair. Finding shade may be an issue although I do always seem to find some. I don't recall being able to rent umbrellas but maybe someone else can weigh in on that.

You can rent a cabana for the day if you want.

If you walk a little bit further than the first beach you come to, there are definitely more peaceful areas with less people around.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We rented a clam shell once and it was a mistake in our opinions. It was March and the clam shell didn't allow for any ventilation, kinda miserable. We were just on Coco Cay last week while on the Majesty, the Enchantment was there too. We had no problem finding shade, it was lovely.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am going to the Bahamas with Royal Caribbean in April. They have clamshells to rent but I was wondering if that was necessary. I want shade with a lounger (actually two one for me and one for DH). Is there an abundance of shade or would I be better off just renting an umbrella? Is it hard to find a lounger? Which is the best beach for snorkeling? Does it get very crowed or will it be peaceful? Any hep for this first timer on RC would be appreciated.

You may also want to post on the Private Islands board. It is specifically for places like Coco Cay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk