Vista thoughts. Open Q and A. 12/17-12/24

artmanr

Regarding Pig and Anchor, it was open on embarkation and we also ate there on the last day which was a sea day. If I recall correctly it was open sea days only.

On the Vista it is a much more permanent food service area than on Breeze. It was not too crowded the two times I was there. It's right off Ocean Plaza so lots of seating available in there. We sat outside both times. Maybe we just timed it right by luck. Crowds were not an issue.

The BBQ was good. Pulled pork. Brisket. Turkey. Sausage. Sides too. And they really heap it on, or did for us, so ask for a small serving if not that hungry. I was pleasantly surprised by Pig n Anchor. Definitely go there if you can.

Cloud 9 Spa

Our cabin was on deck 11 in the spa area. Slightly different decor in the spa cabins. Different beach towels. I think the robes are different too. In addition we each got our choice of a spa scrub which we had to go to the spa desk and request. While there we got spa wristbands that allowed us access to the spa whirlpool, steam and sauna area. We used it once. Thought about using it more, but we're too busy. The exercise area is in the forward area and was pretty complete with various weight and aerobic machines.

Did not do any spa treatments so can't speak to that. They do try to sell the spa treatments and I'm sure they are decent. But, I wouldn't go do anything that I have not done at home or have some experience. Such as, a face peel. Or extreme teeth whitening. Weight loss/lose inches. Why take a chance? Do that at home or at your local spa. Now a massage or haircut, I'm pretty sure you would be fine. One thing I did not notice was the aroma of the spa. On prior cruises the spa always had a signature aroma. For whatever reason, I didn't get that on Vista.

The room stewards also put body lotion, body wash, shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom of our cabin. Elemis is the brand. That smells pretty good.

I liked the forward cabin location on deck 11. Not too much traffic up there. Close to the elevators and the stairs. One flight down to the Lido. No problems at all.

Our cabin was inside and we had another for the kids. I had read that one closet was removed from the inside cabins. That is true.

The bed was in the middle of the room. Sitting on the bed looking to the door you had the bathroom on the left and the closets on the right. On the bathroom side was a large flat screen. 42 inches is my guess. Did not measure it. Below the tv was a small cabinet. On top were the tray, ice bucket and glasses. That left about 24 inches or counter space for whatever. Below were 4 shelves and the fridge. No drinks were in our fridge. As in no minibar.

On the right side of the room was a small desk with a stool. The desk has a center drawer with a hair dryer and some storage for small stuff like key cards or a phone. There are USB outlets, but they seemed to charge devices slowly. Not like the ones we have a pt home. Another small drawers is in the desk.

The 2 closets were ample for us. But we did not bring formal wear on this trip and didn't need to hang up much. One is for hanging items only. The other is for folded on top and drawers below. Drawers are nice. Breeze and other ships did not have drawers in the closets only shelves.

We've had all kinds of cabins and it took me a while to realize that the floor plan of the inside spa cabin on deck 11 was different. Somehow they removed space from the bathroom and it made for a wider more room hallway section. It's like they took out a wage triangle shaped piece. It's not obvious from inside the bathroom. But the bathroom used to be a rectangle. Now it was a section removed. Same counter space I think. Did not feel smaller. But the extra room at the foot of the bed and in the hallway was welcome.

The BBQ was very good. right below us, and the aroma wallowed up into our balcony.

opened on sea days only? what about the embarkation day?

I would go here instead of the JiJi for lunch on the day we get on

• 3 weeks later...

Closing thoughts...

I meant to post more, but got tied up in life on land. lol

Vista is a nice ship. We've booked the Magic for our next experience. Looking forward to it. I loved the Dream and Breeze.

Overall great cruise. Not a huge fan of the American Table, but food options abound if you want to try something else. Yes, it may cost to eat at some, but factor that into the cost of the cruise and Carnival is still a great value.

If I had one wish....one thing I could change.....just one thing....it would be...

Bring back the chocolate buffet.

You could be having a bad night,may, week, month, year....and God forbid a bad cruise.....and there is one thing that would make it all better....chocolate*.

Chocolate buffet. Please bring it back!!!!!

Btw desserts were generally outstanding on the Vista. But please.....bring back the chocolate!

*at least for a little while anyway.

Edited by artmanr

Closing thoughts...

I meant to post more, but got tied up in life on land. lol

Vista is a nice ship. We've booked the Magic for our next experience. Looking forward to it. I loved the Dream and Breeze.

Overall great cruise. Not a huge fan of the American Table, but food options abound if you want to try something else. Yes, it may cost to eat at some, but factor that into the cost of the cruise and Carnival is still a great value.

If I had one wish....one thing I could change.....just one thing....it would be...

Bring back the chocolate buffet.

You could be having a bad night,may, week, month, year....and God forbid a bad cruise.....and there is one thing that would make it all better....chocolate*.

Chocolate buffet. Please bring it back!!!!!

Btw desserts were generally outstanding on the Vista. But please.....bring back the chocolate!

*at least for a little while anyway.

Glad to know you had a great cruise. Thanks again for the feedback.

Choc buffet has been gone now for quite a few years. Budget cuts and that was the first to go. (the midnight one)

but curious as last few sailings they had a choc buffet at lunch time on the last sea day.

Not heavily advertised but its there.

did you just not notice it-- or was it just not done.

If you have your fun times it will be listed on the dining options (no where else)