16 mo old help

cruznqueen

We are traveling in January with a 16 mo old. Never traveled on a cruise before with a small child. Do we need a car seat for the cab ride to the ship? and for excursions on the island?

Any suggestions or information would be helpful.

Thanks

If your home port is in the USA, you will need a car seat in a taxi...but not on a shuttle bus!

As far as ports...most ship excursions use buses, too..so you can't attach a car seat. Many islands have public buses, if you are going to DIY...so that's an option. A guidebook on your ports will tell you what transportation is avail. and any rules and regulations! Also, info on beaches, attractions, shopping, food/drink, etc...

Edited by cb at sea

If your home port is in the USA, you will need a car seat in a taxi...but not on a shuttle bus!

As far as ports...most ship excursions use buses, too..so you can't attach a car seat. Many islands have public buses, if you are going to DIY...so that's an option. A guidebook on your ports will tell you what transportation is avail. and any rules and regulations! Also, info on beaches, attractions, shopping, food/drink, etc...

so if we are flying into Fort Lauderdale we need to take a shuttle to the ship. Not a taxi.

I traveled with 16 month old twins last year on allure of the seas. We did not bring car seats since we had so much stuff to begin with. We took shuttle bus to ship. For excursions we either stayed near the cruise port or took a van or shuttle bus. Our kids took an afternoon nap in the room so we only ever stay on shore for the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

so if we are flying into Fort Lauderdale we need to take a shuttle to the ship. Not a taxi.

Only way around bringing a car seat is to take some sort of shuttle to the port. You might not have to use the ships transfer. Look online then contact the shuttle services you find to see what kind of vehicle they use and if they would require a car seat. In Texas I have found 3 options besides the cruise lines transfer that we can do without a car seat.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

First cruise for our youngest was 2011 at 15 months old - Barcelona to Florida 14 nights. We took a car seat because it was FAA approved for flight and could hook into her stroller. She was at the upper age for it but it worked great.

Enjoy your cruise! My daughter is now 6 and has over 120 nights of cruising. Such an excellent vacation for kiddos!!