Pearl dining

Ken Greco

New to NCL going on the Pearl for the first time. Other than the extra cost restaurants; can I go to all of the others? How about dining times? Also as a solo cruiser can I request sitting with other diners? What in your opinion is the best regular restaurant and extra cost restaurant?

New to NCL going on the Pearl for the first time.

The Pearl's a great ship! I sailed on her in Sept/Oct.

Other than the extra cost restaurants; can I go to all of the others?

You can go to any restaurant on the ship. You pay in the "extra cost" restaurants and don't pay in the included. I'm unsure of your question on this one...

How about dining times?

There are no set dining times on NCL. You can make reservations in most restaurants. O'Sheehan's is open 24 hours a day. When I was on the Pearl a couple months ago, they still had the old menus in O'Sheehan's. Good since they still had chicken pot pie. Bad since they didn't have Thai chili wings.

Also as a solo cruiser can I request sitting with other diners?

You can request it, but it doesn't always work out. Some ships are better about this than others. It may work better to join your roll call and make some connections there, go to the solo gathers (Pearl is a smaller ship so they don't have a studio lounge and dedicated staff to arranged meals and such, but they do have get-togethers for solo travelers), or as you meet people if there are some you're comfortable with, ask they if they want to have dinner.

What in your opinion is the best regular restaurant and extra cost restaurant?

You'll get a variety of opinions on this one since food is very subjective. Personally, I like Le Bistro best. I've dined in the MDRs only a couple of times and they were fine. I love O'Sheehan's as that atmosphere fits better with my cruising style. I don't like to spend two hours eating a meal.

Have a great time!

This cruise was all about relaxing for me so didn't go to any of the entertainment. My experience with NCL in general is that their entertainment is better than other cruise lines I've been on.

You can get a spa pass to visit the thermal spa, which includes the therapy pool, hot tubs, heated ceramic loungers, saunas, and some great views. I was on a five-day cruise, and I believe the pass for the week was $99. For me, that's well worth it! Sometimes they will also sell one-day passes for port days. I'm unsure of the cost of those, but I think they're about $35. The Pearl has a very nice spa--much better than the Jade's but not quite as good as the Epic's.

This cruise was all about relaxing for me so didn't go to any of the entertainment. My experience with NCL in general is that their entertainment is better than other cruise lines I've been on.

You can get a spa pass to visit the thermal spa, which includes the therapy pool, hot tubs, heated ceramic loungers, saunas, and some great views. I was on a five-day cruise, and I believe the pass for the week was $99. For me, that's well worth it! Sometimes they will also sell one-day passes for port days. I'm unsure of the cost of those, but I think they're about $35. The Pearl has a very nice spa--much better than the Jade's but not quite as good as the Epic's.

Is there a complimentary sauna/steamroom though? :)