Freedom Review

mebjar

Thanks for posting this, I'm doing the exact same itinerary on the exact same ship next month. I bring my own boardgames each cruise anyway, but maybe I can avoid bringing the classics. So if anyone is on my cruising I'll have board games!

I doubt you paid attention to it but what were the vegetarian options in MDR? Am I stuck with Indian every night?

They had a vegetarian option every night; one night it was "lentils, basmati rice, papadam, and raita"

Was the catamarane to sting rays though Carnival? I really would love to take a catamarane. also what time did you have your excursion? I really want to spend some time on 7 mile beach too. Thanks we will be on the Freedom Jan 28th with same stops as you had. first time on Carnival

Thank you for taking the time to post this review - awesome information!!

We are on the Freedom next month and your comments about the games at Red Frog Pub got us excited. We are going to pack some of our favourites now! I've seen pictures with a shuffle board but my husband was curious if there is a dart board, table hockey, etc...

Thanks again :)

As we entered the closed doors to our hallway, we actually got fussed at by a fellow cruiser who was waiting. I wish that there was signage stating early room access for FTTF. Might cut down on the glaring a bit!

We've done FTTF twice now. The last time, on Magic, they did have a sign at the door to the cabin hallways, but it's not too big and can be easy to miss.

Was the catamarane to sting rays though Carnival? I really would love to take a catamarane. also what time did you have your excursion? I really want to spend some time on 7 mile beach too. Thanks we will be on the Freedom Jan 28th with same stops as you had. first time on Carnival

This was a private excursion with Stingray Sailing, not through Carnival. In my opinion, I would never do a ship excursion to see the stingrays if I could help it. All of those boats were SO CROWDED. Literally like sardines in a can. Our half day with Captain Chip was so enjoyable and restful. We did have the option of ending at 7 mile beach, but chose to be dropped off closer to the port.

We really enjoyed the Freedom! Have fun!

Thank you for taking the time to post this review - awesome information!!

We are on the Freedom next month and your comments about the games at Red Frog Pub got us excited. We are going to pack some of our favourites now! I've seen pictures with a shuffle board but my husband was curious if there is a dart board, table hockey, etc...

Thanks again :)

There was some sort of table that I always saw people playing on, but for the life of me, I can't remember what that was right now. It's quite possible that it was air hockey. I did see a dartboard on the wall, but never anyone playing.

We loved the Red Frog Pub. It was a great place to go hang out and have fun for a while.

Thanks for your review! Going on the Freedom for the second time next month, can't wait! We always get Cheers, too. We think it's an excellent value. Do you by chance know who the bar staff in the lobby is? When we were on the Freedom last year, one of the lobby bartenders was Claudia and one of the servers was Alana. They were absolutely fantastic, and we would be thrilled if they were still there!